On Black Eyes:
Last week Spencer got a black eye. I used furniture polish on our kitchen table benches which made them nice and slick and appealing to a 6 year old boy to repeatedly slide up and down them. One time he slid too hard and smacked the side of his face on a stool--thus the black eye.
Yesterday Spencer and some of the other kids at the bus stop decided to have a snowball fight. It hasn't snowed in 5 or 6 days and the snow isn't really snow anymore--it's ice. Spencer got hit in the eye--purely by accident--but hard. He walked home and the top of his nose was scraped up and bloody and you could see the imprints of each grain of snow-ice-across his eye, forhead, etc. Not pretty.
After a couple of hours he was still having problems opening his eye, so I took him down to Chris's office where they put drops in that make your eye glow green under a black light. Spencer thought it was cool because he looked like a guy off of Star Wars. He has been bragging about it ever since. I was worried his eye was scratched, but luckily it's not. But his almost healed black eye is now back with a vengeance.
Holla for living in the snow. Luckily it's still a novelty.

On Christmas trees:
I have always decorated for Christmas early--and by early I mean the 1st week of November. I got in the habit when we were in medical school and would come visit our families during the break, and wanted to enjoy all the decorations at home before we left.
Much to Chris's dismay, I have never been a fan of real trees. However, this year to avoid pulling ours out of storage we decided to get a real one--thus the decorating did not begin until the 1st week of December.
(Our tree week 1)

I have to admit, I really do like our real tree--or did I should say. It smells so good and looked beautiful--in the beginning. This last week however, has not been pretty. Every morning I wake up to ornaments that have fallen off or shifted on our sagging, half dead tree (just think Charlie Brown Christmas). We are crossing our fingers that it holds out 1 more week. Chris even offered to dig out our fake tree because he knows how much I love Christmas. But redecorating our tree does not sound appealing.
On Black Eyes and Christmas Trees:
The moral of my whole story is that I should have taken a picture of my kids in their Christmas outfits 2 weeks ago and not waited until Christmas Sunday. Now our yearly picture will be in front of a half (maybe fully) dead tree and Spencer will have a black eye.
Watch for it.
Holla for photoshop.
1 comment:
Totally laughing about your dead tree. You always were the early Christmas queen. Love that about you.
Post a Comment