Powered by Blogger.

Benson

Benson

Addie

Addie

Spencer

Spencer

Kennedy

Kennedy

Thursday, February 4, 2010

On Vitamin Water

Since moving to Utah, I have had a hard time drinking plain water. I don't love the way our water tastes so I started adding flavored fitness/vitamin water powder to it--I thought it was a generic Propel. I have been doing it for months and I am totally addicted (healthy or not--it's only got 5 calories per serving)!! I sometimes put it in my kids lunch because they think it's a treat, in my efforts to potty train Addie I loaded her up with it to keep her bladder full, I let my kids take it to soccer games, and I seriously drink a TON of it!! So the other day Chris was looking at the box and said, "you know this has caffeine in it don't you?" I thought he was lying--but sure enough ingredient number 4 is caffeine.
This realization has made things so clear.
Last week Kennedy stayed home from school sick one day and she kept saying she couldn't fall asleep--I had given her 32 oz of "water".
Looking back I realized that I often get afternoon headaches when I am out of "water" which I "solve" by drinking Diet Coke. I am guessing I was solving caffeine rebound headaches with caffeine--nice.
I have a hard time sleeping at night because I often drink at least 32 oz of "water" while I am on the treadmill.
The list could go on.
Note to self: I should probably check my ingredient list before I load my kids up on water at school--who knows though, maybe it was helping them improve their soccer skills???

10 comments:

The Gooding Family said...

Mikelle, that has to be the funniest thing I've heard in a long time!!! What a bummer to find out it has caffine. Hope you can find a good replacement, soon!

Cameron and Cindy said...

Love it! That is hilarious!

Joe and Liz said...

Mikelle...that's hilarious!

Katie said...

Russ and I were talking about Vitamin Water and he said, "all it does is give you really expensive urine" Little did he know that it has one of his FAVORITE ingredients!!

Tristen said...

CLASSIC!!!

Whit and Steve said...

That is too funny!!

Michelle said...

Too funny!!I had no idea!! Pretty sure I brought a bunch of those for Luke's baseball team last season....that explains alot :)

Mandy said...

I agree, funniest thing I have heard in a LONG time!!! Fabulous!

LJABC and D said...

That is so awesome! I think it's great that you are forcing it on Addie but doesn't caffine make you have to pee even more? So maybe that's the ticket to potty training!

cmcilwain said...

This is the funniest thing I have ever read!!!!!