These are just a few pics of Kennedy on her birthday. She requested a tiered cake--you know Mom, like a wedding cake (What the heck??). So I found this super cute cake online that used fondant icing. I don't like the taste of fondant nor do I know how to make it, but I thought I could modify the cake--let's face it, mine did not look ANYTHING like the picture. Kennedy liked it, but I could have passed!! And I had to laugh, I always let my kids blow out a candle at breakfast, lunch, and dinner on their birthday, and somehow Chris did not know about this tradition!! I guess that is a sign he really isn't home that much!!!
Kennedy was baptized this past Sunday and we were lucky enough to have lots of visitors join us for her special day. Kennedy's Grandma and Grandpa King, Aunt Megan, Grandma and Grandpa Foster, Aunt Rachelle & Uncle Marc, Uncle Trevor & Aunt Roxanne, and cousins Tate, Cade, Malia, Ellie, Jake, and Keller all came from UT, CA, and GA, along with our Alabama friends.
It was such a special day, and we could all really feel what a special girl Kennedy is. Congratulations Kennedy, we love you!!
8 comments:
I'm so sad we missed it! We miss you guys!
The cake looks beautiful!!! It looks like it took you forever. I forgot Marc was apart of your family. He is my sons ortho!!! Such a small world huh?!
What an exciting time! I can't believe you have an 8 year old Mikelle! She looks so happy for her baptism.
So fun to have all that family make it special:)
Love the cake and I can't believe that she is 8 years old already. You guys all look great!!
How exciting! I can't believe she is 8. I feel like it was just last year that we were dancing in 236 to collective soul and you and Chris were dating!! Crazy!! Hopefully we can meet up before you guys move!
Congratulations on Kennedy's special day! I can't believe they're all getting so old. Jacob's turn will be in August.
Way to go on the cake! Stacked cakes are hard!
Wow, time does fly! I remember when you first moved here and no one knew you were pregnant for the longest! She is an adorable girl.
Post a Comment