Powered by Blogger.

Benson

Benson

Addie

Addie

Spencer

Spencer

Kennedy

Kennedy

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Kennedy's "SPA"tacular birthday party!

Kennedy won't actually be 11 until Monday, but we celebrated her 11th birthday last night with a Spa themed party. I never thought I would say, "We should have made the party longer," but I was totally saying it. We had SO. MUCH. FUN. I was a little hesitant about the idea at first, wondering how we could entertain 9 girls for 3 hours, but we did. When the girls arrived, we started with a crepe dinner and fresh squeezed orange juice (thank you Grandma and Grandpa Foster for the genuine California oranges!).


After dinner, our first activity was blind makeovers. I have to admit, this is the activity I was least excited about, and if I were to do another spa party, the activity I would eliminate. The girls had fun, but it was a little intimidating and little too messy for me!



Next up, facials and lavender foot soaks.

We may not have gotten the foot soaks cleaned up fast enough.
Then we made citrus zest salt scrubs. (thank you Pinterest!). I didn't have time to try them out before hand, so I was so excited that not only did they smell awesome, but they actually made your hands soft!

My mom saved my life and came and helped. She did all the girls nails.
I put bling string in their hair while they made flower hair clips.
Kennedy didn't want a fancy cake this year (sniff sniff, I knew this day was coming), but she wanted cupcakes in cups instead. I did make her a little cake to blow the candles out on, and found some super cute zebra candles!
Her friends had a really fun idea when it came time to open presents. Kennedy faced backwards and one of them would come behind her and say happy birthday in a funny voice and she had to guess who it was. I was amazed at the voices they came up with!
I had to get a picture of the girls with these. Mostly because I spent a lot of time making them, and I was really excited about how they turned out.

The party was a big success!!! I can't believe Kennedy is turning 11. I am super proud of her and the amazing young lady she is becoming. I hope that all of her birthday dreams come true!! Don't worry--as is typical of our house, the party isn't over. She is still counting down until Monday!
After the party ended and the girls went home, Addie treated my mom and I to a makeover. Addie told us we looked "fab-a-lus"!


8 comments:

Emily said...

So FUN!

Alicia @ The Creative Vault said...

You are so clever! What a cute, fun party!! It's a good thing you've got Addie because you are lookin' HOT! :)

Kathy said...

Wow! That looks amazing, said the mom whose sole effort for her daughter's birthday involved handing over the credit card to Jack and Jill's.

Rebecca Fawcett said...

Happy Birthday Kennedy! What a cute Birthday party! you are amazing!

The Gooding Family said...

You're a birthday party planning rock star!!!

The Captain said...

That looks like so much fun!!! Happy Birthday Kennedy!!
-Tenille (Harrison) Roylance

Lori said...

Love it! It's always exciting to see what you come up with. Great job on the eye masks-they are so cute!!!

Janelle said...

Mikelle, I swear, you are the craftiest mom I've ever seen. Such a cute party!!!