Powered by Blogger.

Benson

Benson

Addie

Addie

Spencer

Spencer

Kennedy

Kennedy

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Some things I've Learned

With Chris being in the line of work that he is, I have learned a few things over the last 10 years.

1. If you can avoid hospital visits in July--do it. July = new residents, medical students, etc.

2. Holidays are not always on there actual calendar day. For example, most Thanksgivings at our house have not been on a Thursday.

3. Pagers will be an ever present force in our life.

4. Student loans may or may not haunt us for the rest of our lives.

5. This will only take a minute does not actually mean 60 seconds.

6. Medical skills come in handy on vacation.

7. When you say, clinic closes at 5, that means you hopefully are home by 6:30-7 ish.

8. It is possible for me to wake up in the morning and have no idea that Chris has left and come back from the hospital. Occasionally more than once. It has become possible to sleep through anything.

9. Home call is a billion times better than in-house call.

10. Never have a baby in the winter--EVER! RSV is the worst. Kids with colds touching a newborn = not good.

Turns out we don't listen to everything we learned.

Baby #4 is scheduled to make an arrival December 31st.
I am always early.
Chris is working Christmas.
Fingers crossed that Santa makes it to our house this year.
And to all my grandparents who teased me over the weekend about having twins (and for good reason I am showing EARLY this time!), I heard the heartbeat and there is officially ONE baby.
I am breathing a major sigh of relief.

So here's to hitting the 12 week mark and hoping the nausea takes a leave of absence from me!

20 comments:

Joe and Liz said...

I loved your post!! And congrats again...

The Gooding Family said...

Wahoooo!!!! That was such a fun way to learn you're expecting! Somehow, it will all work out. I hope you feel better, SOON! I wish I would have known so I could have helped you with something. But I know now, so what can I do???

Jenn said...

Congratulations! I wondered when you were going to blog about it...my mom told me a couple of weeks ago after it was announced in relief society.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! That is awesome news.

Katie said...

I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see you in a few short weeks!!! :) :) :)

Missy said...

CONGRATS!!! Loved the post too!!

Becky and Jimmy said...

So excited for you!!!! Congratulations - you will have much to celebrate during the holiday season!

Cat said...

Congratulations!!! :)

Alicia @ The Creative Vault said...

I had no idea!! That is so exciting!! Please have a boy so we can share ideas for boy crafts!! CONGRATS!!!

Michelle said...

So exciting!!!

LJABC and D said...

Did you get my little congrats on the fishing a couple of posts ago? Well, CONGRATS!! We are so excited for you guys. WE'll be in Utah starting Wed. for 3 weeks so we'll have to hang out. I'll call you or something. I love your list. Lewis just spent 4 of the last 7 days/nights on call and tonight he's home for 2 nights in a row so we celebrated with a family dance party and ice cream. I think you should add that you need to add at least one hour to the estimated time of arrival. I always add an hour.

Tom and Jane Schell said...

Congrats Mikelle & Chris! Exciting! With your record, I'm sure you'll have it well before Christmas. We'll be in Utah in a few weeks too...hopefully we'll get to stop by. I hope you aren't too sick this time around. Being pregnant is the pits, but the outcome is sweet!

3boysinBama said...

Congrats and I agree. I need to call you because I have a funny Eli story that involves you. Can't wait to hear how life with 4 is.

Lori said...

I love your creative way of posting! I thought it was all about life with a doctor, then BAM, I'm having a baby!! I love it-congrats!

Mandy said...

Great tips---especially the July one! And, congratulations again! So happy for you guys!

Jenna said...

First off...Congratulations to your family, that is so exciting to hear and such a clever post! Best wishes throughout the upcoming months.

Just have to say...that was a most accurate list of things I have come to know as well, it was amusing to read and also reassuring to know someone else (there are many) gets it. All. Thanks for summarizing it so well!

cmcilwain said...

Congratulations!!!!! Don't worry Santa always finds a way to get there on time. :)

Tristen said...

Mikelle! I love it, you totally disguised your announcement, I'm so excited for you guys! You make the BEST kids and I can't wait to meet baby #4!! And Avery was born during RSV season and it was scary but we survived... and I'm not even married to a pediatrician. :) Congrats again!

Michelle said...

I'm reading your blog backwards...as though your life wasn't busy enough, huh? Congratulations - you're an amazing mom and #4 is lucky to come to your house!! Hope you're feeling better soon. When are we getting together?!?

reesespeanutbuttercups said...

Congratulations! 4 is a GREAT number and I'm sure all will work out beautifully:)