Addie started her morning with candles in her breakfast. Turns out she didn't want pancakes and proceeded to eat no less that 18 1/2 strawberries. Before I realized what she was doing I found a bunch of 1/2 eaten strawberries in the sink!
She had school on her birthday and wore her new birthday dress and crown. We saw a birthday crown at the Pine Needles Quilt Shop at Gardner's Village and I attempted my own. Theirs was way cuter, but Addie thought hers made her look "fabulous" and "fancy".
After school we had her 1st ever friend party. It was a My Little Pony themed party, and I found a pony costume online that she LOVED and was excited to sport. Some of the other girls dressed up like princesses.


Had some cake
We went "tea party style"
Her pony costume in all it's glory
She was super spoiled by friends and family!
A few party details:
1. Addie's Birthday Crown
She had school on her birthday and wore her new birthday dress and crown. We saw a birthday crown at the Pine Needles Quilt Shop at Gardner's Village and I attempted my own. Theirs was way cuter, but Addie thought hers made her look "fabulous" and "fancy".
After school we had her 1st ever friend party. It was a My Little Pony themed party, and I found a pony costume online that she LOVED and was excited to sport. Some of the other girls dressed up like princesses.We played some games.
We went "tea party style"
She was super spoiled by friends and family!
1. Addie's Birthday Crown2. Pony necklaces (these were supposed to be ridiculously easy--bottle caps and epoxy stickers. Hobby Lobby was out of the normal stickers, so I tried a different brand which can only be used as sticker with a special machine. I used mod podge and it took FIVE days to dry!!)
3. Party bags the girls decorated (I figured out how to run them through my printer and was able to individualize them. I am using this trick again for sure)
4. The party table with rainbow jello, pony water, cake and sandwiches.
Addie's favorite pony is Rainbow Dash (the blue one on top), and REALLY wanted the inside of her cake to be rainbow also!). I tried to make the frosting on the cake rainbow but it turned out WAY too dark. I was going for pink and light blue and green--it looks a little clownish. Good think Addie is just 5 and it only bugged me!
Addie's favorite pony is Rainbow Dash (the blue one on top), and REALLY wanted the inside of her cake to be rainbow also!). I tried to make the frosting on the cake rainbow but it turned out WAY too dark. I was going for pink and light blue and green--it looks a little clownish. Good think Addie is just 5 and it only bugged me!Overall, it was a fabulous fun filled day. Addie had EXTREMELY high expectations. I was informed that I had to change my clothes to wear something more appropriate to her party, she wore her crown ALL day and told everyone she saw that it was her birthday, and she was 5, and was slightly disappointed that I did haven't more big kid things planned for her party like makeovers. By the end of the night was thrilled with her day, and exhausted (so were the rest of us!). She definitely LOVES being 5!
Addie is definitely one of a kind and the spark of life in our home. She came into our lives 5 years ago during the absolute craziest time of our life--and it definitely fits her personality! She makes us smile and laugh every day. She knows what she wants and isn't afraid to tell anyone. She is also the kindest and sweetest 5 year old I know. She never goes a day without telling everyone in our family "I Love You," and smothers everyone with hugs. She loves to say prayers and never forgets to ask for blessings for everyone individually. She is beyond independent and fearless. We love her to pieces and we are so happy she is ours!
2 comments:
Love, Love your birthday parties! You are so creative. She is absolutely adorable and I seriously can not believe it has been 5 years
Love, Love your birthday parties! You are so creative. She is absolutely adorable and I seriously can not believe it has been 5 years
Post a Comment