Powered by Blogger.

Benson

Benson

Addie

Addie

Spencer

Spencer

Kennedy

Kennedy

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It's Official--I am An Embarrassing Mom

There are a few specific memories I have from growing up where I remember informing my mom that she was embarrassing me. Most of them involved some sort of dancing. Today, my words of kindness were repaid.
I woke up to Addie throwing up again--yes, I thought she was better. Getting Addie situated got me a little behind on my morning. Since I spent last night folding 8 (not even an exaggeration) loads of laundry, I had put off making lunches until this morning, along with getting backpacks ready etc. Needless to say we were pushing it to get to school on time.
Sidenote--I always take Kennedy to school looking like I just got out of bed. Let's be honest, I am doing good to make sure she is dressed and on time, getting myself ready by 7:30 am is not high on my priority list.
So this morning as we are pulling into the school parking lot, Kennedy lovingly (and quite embarrassed) said, "Mom, you probably should have done your hair today." When I asked why, she said if I am late and you have to go in and sign me in, people are going to see that you didn't do your hair." I laughed, remembering the times I ducked in the front seat of the car as my mom danced at the steering wheel while driving through my friends neighborhoods. I said, "Kennedy, honey, I am going to have a lot more to worry about than my hair if I have to go in and sign you in." I was wearing pajama bottoms, a too tight/small "Pixie Stix" t-shirt that I inherited from my 17 year old sister, and Chris's flip flops (which are a few sizes too big, but I couldn't find mine). She replied, "Well, I still thing you should have done your hair."
So maybe I should start brushing my hair in the morning. . . or maybe tomorrow I will start dancing.

9 comments:

Alicia said...

I am so glad you are just a little bit ahead of me in the kid department! That way I know what to expect and prepare for!!

Missy said...

I LOVED picturing your outfit! You are hilarious and I love reading your blog! It was great sitting and visiting you with the other night =).

Michelle said...

Mikelle--I'm glad I'm not the only one running kids to school in my PJ's! Good times...

Dena said...

That's so funny! I have to drive the kids early 3 days a week for jumprope and chorus. Often I'm still in my pj's and they don't have to be there until 8!

I'm sure all our kids will live through their embarassment. We did, right?

Cameron and Cindy said...

Love it! You're Awesome. :)

Tara H. said...

I love that it was your hair she was worried about. But I hear ya, if your hair looks great, nothing else matters, you feel like a million bucks.
Keep up the good work, and I am all for the dancing, a little YMCA anyone?!

Allie Harrison said...

Okay I've SO been there! Last week I drove my kids to school in a pair of undies, a t-shirt and no shoes. I put a hat on so no one else could tell just how bad it was!

Lori said...

I love reading your blog! This made me laugh!

Whit and Steve said...

So funny!! I actually do the same thing with Steve and the other guys in his program... but I'm taking them to GRAD school looking like i just rolled out of bed!! I'm lucky to get my hair up in a ponytail.. my excuse is that I'm pregnant and tired and can't get out of bed too early.. I'm sure they all love it!! HaHa I too have some moments that drove me crazy pulling up to school in Vestavia with hot rollers in my hair and my mom's washcloth in a baggie waiting for me to wash my face!! I will NEVER do that to my kids!! HAHA!! At least I say that now...