Powered by Blogger.

Benson

Benson

Addie

Addie

Spencer

Spencer

Kennedy

Kennedy

Sunday, May 18, 2008

A little update

These are just some of our most recent pics. We have been busy the last little while with all of the end of school year stuff, swimming lessons, and life in general. Most of the pictures are of Addie because she is my most willing to have her picture taken, and she is the one that is currently changing the most so I still feel the need to capture as many seconds of her life that I can. Whoever said that you will take the most pictures of your 1st child obviously did not have a digital camera! Anyways, here's just a few of the things we have been doing.
This weekend was the Father/Son campout. I was so glad Chris was able to take Spencer--Spencer looks forward to it every year.

While Chris and Spencer were at Father's and Son's, Kennedy had a friend over and we had a little craft and pizza party. When her friend went home we had a movie night and I fell asleep before Kennedy--she told me she went to bed after midnight.

This is just another reason why I will not be nominated for "Mother of the Year." On Friday I was using some 5 lb weights. Just as I turned with them, Spencer who had been standing on our treadmill, decided it would be a good time to jump off the front. I smacked him right on his nose. He screamed, I screamed we were both crying messes. He was bleeding, and luckily for me, Chris just happened to be home. I screamed for help and Chris took him and cleaned him up and fortunately his nose wasn't broken, but it was swollen and somehow got a cut on it too. Luckily after a few hours the swelling went down and the only thing left now is just the scrape on the top of his nose. Talk about feeling like the worst mother ever!!

Addie is obsessed with climbing in and out of this bucket. But I mainly put this picture on here because she is getting so tall. About a week and 1/2 ago she took her 1st step--actually her 1st 4 steps. She has repeated this several times, but I call her my lazy walker because as soon as she gets to 4 she automatically sits down. I guess she thinks 4 is enough!!

I joke around that Addie looks awkward in dresses. Although she looks super cute here, this "look" lasted all of about 3 minutes. It doesn't take her long to rip her hair apart giving her somewhat of a mohawk and then find the dirtiest place possible to roam around. She's not much into "all things girly".

Addie got stuck in this bucket the other day. She loves to climb in and out of things and is very proud of this ability--until she gets stuck!

We can always tell when Addie is tired because she finds something soft--usually a blanket, but a rug, t-shirt or pillow will also do the trick, puts her thumb in her mouth and plays with her hair with her other hand. It's very cute.

Chris is Addie's favorite person on earth. But who can blame her, he's pretty much everybody's favorite!!

8 comments:

Mandy said...

Don't you just feel like a big oaf when you run into your kids?! Your family looks great!

Michelle said...

Your kids are darling! It's great the timing our kids have - I feel like every time I turn around one of them is right under my feet! Glad his nose didn't get broken!

Alicia said...

What cuties!! Don't you love it when the kids appear out of nowhere!

E n D said...

I can't believe how big your kids are getting. They are so cute!

Tom and Jane Schell said...

Addie is so cute! I totally relate to the thumb sucking and hair twirling. It is really cute when they are Addie's age, but not quite as cute when they are 3 or 6. I think Wesley and Addie should get together when they get older, they could really have some cute offspring (no bias here of course).

Dena said...

Poor Spencer! I always feel terrible when those kinds of things happen even though it's clearly an accident. Glad it wasn't worse!

That's funny about Addie twirling her hair. Ally does that ALL the time. When she's tired she just holds her little pony tail, like twirling is just too much effort now. She is wearing that same little purple checked outfit today too. They could be twins. ;-)

Tara H. said...

Thanks for sending me your blog link, now I can keep track of what you guys are up to. I can't believe how big the kids are getting. Especially Addie!!! And Kennedy looks so much older. I know you haven't been gone for that long, but man a lot of change happens in a little bit of time.
We miss you here in Tucson. I hope you are loving where you are, where is that again?
I will for sure keep checking out your blog. Again, it was good to hear from you.
Love,
Tara

Britton said...

Your kids are so cute! They really are getting so big. Try not to feel like a bad mom, it hsppens to everybody, whether they care to admit it or not.