Powered by Blogger.

Benson

Benson

Addie

Addie

Spencer

Spencer

Kennedy

Kennedy

Friday, January 22, 2010

On Pillows

Ever since we moved I have been wanting to change up Kennedy's room. She has finally decided that she has outgrown pink and since Addie's stuff is all pink, I was sick of 2 pink rooms. The 2 quilts I have been eyeing at Pottery Barn weren't in the budget, but the day after Thanksgiving I found a really inexpensive quilt set with colors I thought Kennedy might like. She liked it, but I thought it was still a little boring--especially with our white walls that I am itching to paint, but can't since it's a rental!!
BEFORE
I have spent the last few days making some more pillows to spice it up, and I have to say I am so stinkin' excited with how they turned out. In fact, I think I got a little out of control--but I love them. So if you hate them, don't tell me, because I LOVE them!!
AFTER

I got this idea/tutorial that I got from Make It and Love It (and I do!!)
And this idea:
I got from Pottery Barn--theirs: $24-$39--Mine: about 50 cents (theirs look better, but I don't feel bad about tossing mine in the garbage when I through with it!!)
Now what other rooms need pillows??

11 comments:

Tara H. said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE all the pillows!! You are so awesome, I am totally inspired to make pillows, today.
xoxox

LJABC and D said...

Really really cute! You are always working on a project, it's inspiring. Great job!! (does Kennedy like them?)

Katie said...

Can you use your Cricut to cut felt flowers?

Katie said...

Oh and I LOVE THEM ALL!!!!

Mikelle said...

Katie I did use my cricut to cut flowers but on paper, and then I traced them--I am sure there is a way to do it though!!

tessa said...

So cute! It was an adorable set before but with your pillows it's very design blog worthy:) I love PB too. I just scored a great set on craigslist for Bri. I wish I was close enough to make you teach me all your awesome skills.

Tristen said...

I am SO inspired! Thanks so much for sharing, you totally transformed her bed, I love it!! I'm totally copying you when I do my kids rooms after we move!!

cmcilwain said...

I love the pillows. Can you give a little tutorial on making them.

Anonymous said...

You're amazing Mikelle! I'm coming up with my camera again, as soon as I can! Love you, mom f

Mandy said...

Cute pillows Mikelle! I think your's look just as darling as PB! I have been dying to re-do pillows for our living room. This gives me inspiration!

Jackie King said...

Cute cute cute pillows. BTW everyone out here loves the bows. You've brought the baby trend out here. Everyone is amazed too when I tell them you made them. You got some etsy skills