When Spencer was 15 months old, he had a cute little smile filled with perfect little baby teeth.
One day (in a story with more details that I have any intention of writing on my blog because it has actually been scrapbooked) he discovered how to climb out of his crib, and smashed his face/mouth on the train table on the ground below. The eventual result was losing his top tooth a few days later after some minor oral surgery.
As a mother, I was devastated, but turns out that missing tooth has fit his mischievious little personality to the T.
Fast forward to the present. The poor little guy has been 7 since September, is in 1st grade and every other tooth in his mouth has been holding on dearly--until tonight. Spencer wiggled and wiggled his bottom tooth and got that bad boy out. Way to go Spence--you FINALLY lost your "1st" tooth! It was a very exciting night at the Foster house, and as I write this, he is carefully writing the tooth fairy a note asking if he can keep his tooth. I am pretty sure the tooth fairy will comply, because really, what is she going to do with it?
The end.
3 comments:
How Cute! Are you sad? As a fellow mom with a child with no front tooth, I am gonna be sad when those teeth start coming out and a front tooth coming in.
cameron lost another one yesterday at school...sadly toothfairy fell asleep before he did
now all of spencers will fall out like crazy and he will be toothless for christmas ;)
Finally, a real one! Poor Fletch wiggles and wiggles hopefully too to no avail. Ben's just fall out without him even trying.
Post a Comment