Powered by Blogger.

Benson

Benson

Addie

Addie

Spencer

Spencer

Kennedy

Kennedy

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Lacking in the Picture Taking Department


Over the last month I have taken maybe 30 pictures--that's pretty unusual for me since I have been know to take over 1000 in a month, but what can I say I am tired.
We went to California for Thanksgiving. It took us 10 hours to get to St. George from home. We were were stuck on the shut down freeway for over 4 hours and had the exciting adventure of offroading on a dirt road in the snow to use the bathroom. I totally regret not taking a picture of the snowman someone built on the side of the freeway. They obviously had a better attitude than I did about the whole thing. I also regret that I didn't take a single picture of our overnighter in Vegas. It was so nice to get someplace a little warmer so the kids could go swimming.
In CA we also got to steal lots of delicious pomegranets, grapefruit, and lemons from Chris's grandparent's trees. I am wishing I would have taken a picture of the kids with their grandparents though!!

And this would be the only Thanksgiving picture that I took. Addie and cousin Jake playing Jesse and Woody.
We were welcomed home to freezing cold temperatures and a lovely pile of snow. It is finally almost melted 2 1/2 weeks later!
And today I took Addie to a Fancy Nancy Christmas party at the library. She loved it and was actually excited to dress up. None of my kids have really ever been into dress ups, so the fact that did was so exciting for me. She was concerned that she might have to dance with a Prince, but it turned out there was no Prince, so she was safe. She wanted me to wear my wedding dress. Bummer of a deal that it was at my mom's house because I am pretty sure that it would fit and that everyone would love to have seen me in it!
And finally, I realized the other day I had not taken a single stereotypical "I am this many months pregnant" picture. With the other kids I have tons, with this one I had none. Most of that was strategic. I am way bigger this time around and wasn't quite sure I wanted to permanently capture that, but I figure 10 years from now I would regret not having one. Plus we have no idea when this baby is coming. I have been dilated to a 3 for almost 2 weeks and am super effaced, but for me, that could mean nothing--except that I feel like a baby might actually fall out of me!! So here I am in all my pregnant "glowing-ness." Here's to hoping I can "glow" for 1 more week to make it through all of the kids activities before Christmas break!!

8 comments:

Lori said...

You look great! I know you are so ready. Good Luck with everything.

Steve said...

You look great!!!! I hope everything goes well. Can't wait to see pics of that baby. Hopefully sooner than later, for your sake :)

Katie said...

You look SO DANG CUTE!! And I would love to have the scientific definition for "super effaced"!!

Cameron and Cindy said...

Can't wait for your new little one! You look terrific! Love and miss you guys!

Joe and Liz said...

You do look cute Mikelle!!! Good luck with everything!

The Lemon Family said...

you look fabulous!!!! and i took less & less pictures with each kid don't worry about it...good luck with the next coming weeks your Christmas break is going to be exciting and busy

Cyndy said...

You look fabulous!

tessa said...

Adorable you are.