When I was in the 5th grade I pretty much laid out my life plan. I was going to go to BYU after high school, then law school, and then marry a doctor from California. We would have 4 children (2 boys, 2 girls), and then name them all after US presidents. Then we would roll around in our piles of money from our accumulated wealth. It sounded pretty awesome.
Turns out, life doesn't always turn out how you plan it in the 5th grade. I did graduate from BYU, but did not go to law school. I actually considered going back once Chris finished school, but somewhere in those first 4 years that desire disappeared. I did marry a California boy--who is now a Doctor, but in the 5th grade I didn't think about 4 years of medical school, and 5 years of post medical school training. I guess I should have been more specific--instead of rolling around in piles of money we roll around in piles of student loans. (I wouldn't trade my Chris for anything though, so I will take the loans (insert smiley face)). We do have 4 children, we do have 2 boy and 2 girls, however, only 1 of them has a presidential name. I lost that battle when Spencer was born--I like my kids names though, so it turned out all right.
And although my life isn't how I imagined it would be as a 10 year old, I would not trade it for the world. I think my job is pretty great. (minus the laundry. I would trade the laundry.)
I mean what kind of job allows you to hang out with 4 year old "mini moms" who go to the grocery store like this.

and spend countless hours writing letters and numbers on post it notes that decorate your kitchen walls?
with a most darling 1 year old little boy who not only hides himself, but hides handfuls of cereal in the cupboards with him?

And what job description lets you watch that same most darling 1 year old little boy learn how to climb--on everything?


3 comments:
Love this post! I think it's the best job also!
Such a cute post!!
Mikelle! I love this! You are the cutest mom and I'm just a little obsessed with your kids...
Post a Comment