This school year makes me both happy and sad. I am happy because for the first time, all 3 of my school age children are at the same school (I am soooo happy 6th is still elementary here!) However, I am super sad because this is the ONLY year this will happen, EVER. Poor Kennedy will NEVER be at the same school with a sibling, unless it's college!!
The first day of school for Kennedy and Spencer was August 21st, Kindergartners didn't start until the following week. I think this is a huge bummer, because they are the ones actually excited to go! Anyways, we did back to school pancakes for breakfast. The older kids got their grade, Addie got what was supposed to look like Mickey Mouse. It totally didn't.Because Kennedy is on Student Council, she didn't get to pick a fun 1st day of school outfit, because she had to her duties to fulfill. (On a side note about student council, Kennedy has to do the announcements at school this week over the intercom. Chris and I went and listened to her on her 1st day and she did GREAT!) But anyways, we did a 2nd "First Day of School" at our house and treated it the same! Here's to a great year and last year in elementary school (sniff sniff!).
Spencer is in 3rd grade and I am excited for him. He got a great teacher and it should be a great year. I think his backpack makes him look like he is going to college, not elementary school! He told me he wasn't excited for school to start, but he was the first one ready and super early--I am wondering how long that will last!
Benson was hysterical when we were taking pictures. He kept trying to look out--I think he wanted to participate too!
Addie started Kindergarten on the 28th. The day before she wasn't feeling so hot, and I was panicked that she would have to miss her first day. Not that she would remember that, but she would have been so disappointed. She asked Chris for a blessing, and when she woke up Tuesday, she luckily was feeling better. Tender mercies are definitely real. She got her K pancake, and was all ready to pose just like the older kids. She kept telling me to get a picture of her posed different ways. I love that Addie is all girl and that she managed to wear about 100 different shades of pink. I have always tried to convince my kids that character backpacks are not that awesome, and to stick with something neutral, but have since decided that is a battle not worth fighting. Plus, is there anything more awesome than a pink backpack with a ruffly cupcake? I think not.
When we got Addie to school, the student council was there to greet them. I love this picture. I think it looks like Kennedy is part of a posse!
They had all the kindergartners line up in the outdoor courtyard. Addie did not look back. Not once. I have to admit, I am not sad that she is starting kindergarten. I am thrilled for her. She is so ready and so excited, that the only kindergarten tears I shed were the ones when I thought she might have to miss her first day! She got the same kindergarten teacher Spencer had so it should be a great year!
Kennedy in front of the school. It's hard to believe that Kennedy has attended 3 different elementary schools--Meadow the longest. This is her 4th year at the same school. We are about to hit a record in living in the same place for the most # of years!
When I was picking Addie up, Spencer was waiting to go in his classroom after lunch. He was really excited I wanted to take his picture (insert sarcasm.).Addie looked so grown up coming out of the school.












No comments:
Post a Comment