Spencer is 9 today. I might be a little sad about it. I remember being 9. How is it that my SECOND OLDEST CHILD IS NINE??? Sometimes I wish I could push pause and keep my kids right where they are at right now! We had a friend party this past Saturday and we had a blast with 13 (yes THIRTEEN!) fantastic 8 and 9 year old boys. I LOVE LOVE LOVE our neighborhood and love that it is filled with so many friends my kid's ages.
| Spencer is our natural born competitor and decided on an Olympic party. |
![]() |
| I cheated on his cake and had the grocery store make doughnuts in the Olympic colors for the rings! |
| The "Olympic Stadium" |
![]() |
| Isn't iron on vinyl the best!! Spencer thought his shirt was fabulous! |
| Then we did a torch "Smash" with ice cream cones on their heads. Spencer was the last one standing. |
| We did the long jump |
| A sprint. |
| A relay race with a baton pass |
| A discus throw |
| A decathalon (obstacle course) |
| The shot put |
After all the events, each boy got to make a bow out of PVC pipe to take home. (Thank you Grandma Foster for letting us borrow the cousin jambor project!)
| We had cake, doughnuts, ice-cream and gatorade. This is the only picture we got of him blowing out his candles. Please ignore how nasty I look!!! |
It was a beyond fun party and the 2 hours flew by. There was no way we could have done it without the help of my mom and my sister Maren. They happened to be in town and it was definitely a 4 adult party!!! Each of the boys got a real arrow, target and archery rules to take home. My original plan was to make arrow out of dowels and styrofoam but Spencer informed me that was lame. It turned out the arrow were a great party favor--we wouldn't give them to the boys until a parent was there though--13 boys loose with bow and arrows made me a little nervous!!
Today is Spencer's actual birthday and he woke up to a maze in the basement.
![]() |
| He got a candle in his bacon surrounded breakfast--his favorite! |
| The Avenger's Lego set was a hit. |
![]() |
| I don't know if it's possible for him to look older. I think he looks so handsome and grown up here!! |
| (I feel like I should say "and may the odds be ever in your favor here :) ) |
And instead of a cake tonight, he got a doughnut tower. Happy 9th S-Dog. We love you!







2 comments:
Tanner was so bummed that he missed the party (especially when he saw the bow and arrow). Looks like a fun one. Happy birthday Spencer! :)
Ryan LOVES the bow and arrow. He wouldn't let it out of site all weekend. Thanks!!
Post a Comment