Powered by Blogger.

Benson

Benson

Addie

Addie

Spencer

Spencer

Kennedy

Kennedy

Monday, December 3, 2012

Hawaiian Adventures--Part 2

We went to the Dole Plantation one day--mostly because we heard the ice cream was so good.  We didn't do the tour, but we did walk around the grounds a little.  I am amazed at how many different kinds of pineapple there are!

 I also had no idea what a chocolate plant looked like so that was interesting!

 This Eucalyptus tree was amazing.  The bark was orange, green and purple.  


 And this pink pineapple was super cool.  I had to take a picture for Addie!
 We also hiked to Waimea Falls.  I am not going to lie, after having been to Fall Creek Falls in Tennessee multiple times growing up, this waterfall was not that impressive!  It was a fun little hike though.  The nature preserve it's on had a lot of cool things to look at!

 After we pulled off the side of the road at a random beach.  There were quite a few people standing in one area, and when we got there, there were TONS of sea turtles.  I seriously couldn't count them all.  It was AMAZING!!!

 We also had a "Survivor" moment here.  It was sunny, and then 2 minutes later (literally) it started DUMPING rain!  We huddled under a tree and then realized that the top was off the jeep.  We got back and there was a good inch of water on the inside--thank goodness it was a rental!!

1 comment:

LJABC and D said...

Such a fun trip! Looks like you did everything I would have recommended. So glad you got away without the kids!!!!