Powered by Blogger.

Benson

Benson

Addie

Addie

Spencer

Spencer

Kennedy

Kennedy

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Officially 12

This year Kennedy had the birthday celebration that lasted for several days--lucky girl!  It was her "off party year" so she chose seeing "Oz The Great and Powerful" with me, Chris and Spencer--and getting a pedicure as her "party".  It was so fun--I think she should do pedicures every year!!  A few days before her birthday Grandma and Grandpa King surprised her with their gift--a trip to DC with them this summer.  Since my brother's family lives out there, my parents are taking the 2 oldest granddaughters with them to visit. I am so excited for her!!  Kennedy's actual birthday was CRAZY!!  Not only did she have the regional science fair at BYU, but our ward had a youth temple assignment that day so she was able to participate in that as well.  She got candles in her german pancakes for breakfast, Chris took her out to lunch at the BYU creamery, and she picked Cafe Rio for dinner.  She is at a fun age to buy gifts for--and loved getting loaded up with new spring clothes and shoes.  She was also super excited to get a camera that she can take to Girl's Camp and DC.  I am still in denial that my baby is 12, but I am so proud of her and that I get to be her mom.  She amazes me every day.  She is so excited to be in Young Women and I am glad that I get to be in there with her right now.  She has been reading the Book of Mormon by herself and really wanted to finish before her birthday.  Over the weekend she had about 50 pages left, and she finished it just in time before her birthday on Monday night.  As parents we couldn't ask for a better daughter.  














1 comment:

Lori said...

I can't believe that either. I remember that Kennedy was the prettiest baby! Wow, they grow up fast.