Powered by Blogger.

Benson

Benson

Addie

Addie

Spencer

Spencer

Kennedy

Kennedy

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Christmas Eve Was SO Fun

 Christmas Eve was so dang fun.  We had a giant snowball fight in our backyard--one day I will get the pictures from my dad, but it was so fun having everyone play outside!  Then we built a snow family.  Grandma and Grandpa King and Maren and John and Ava came over for Christmas Eve dinner and a par-taaay.  We recycled our photo booth from our YW activity.  We played Christmas Minute to Win It games that were so very fun.   The best was watching the 2 little ones shake balls out of kleenex boxes tied around their waists!  We had a nativity pageant--Addie and Benson totally fought over the baby Jesus--awesome.  And this year we started a new tradition which our company joined us for too!  A few weeks before Christmas we drew names and instead of buying gifts, you had to make a homemade gift.  I LOVED THIS!!!!!  It was so fun working with each of my kids on a gift for another sibling and I loved the thought and care they put into their gifts.  This is definitely a keeper!!  Just so I remember this is what everyone did:
Chris made me a bracelet out of beads and used my silhouette to put the initials of our kids on it.
I made Chris a BYU apron.
Kennedy made Spencer a board to display his sports medals and game balls.
Spencer made Addie an art apron.
Addie made Benson a wood dog that you pull with a string.
Benson made Kennedy an earring holder out of a frame with metal.
Grandpa made Grandma a scrapbook.
Grandma made Grandpa a snack holder for his bike.
Ava made John a picture frame.
John made Maren a book with a secret hiding place.
Maren made Ava a mailbox.
We ended the night with Christmas jammies and this year I gave each of the kids a scrapbook--sadly Addie's was her baby book because I am that behind.  My goal is eventually to give them a family yearbook for each year, but baby steps:)
This was definitely one of my most favorite Christmas Eves ever!


































 










No comments: