Powered by Blogger.

Benson

Benson

Addie

Addie

Spencer

Spencer

Kennedy

Kennedy

Monday, April 21, 2008

Still My Favorite Place On Earth--so far









The kids had a 4 day weekend last week so we headed down to Destin, FL. It is still pretty much my favorite place on earth!! And for Chris's family, here is a little preview of what they can expect in June!! The temperature was great, the water was great, we flew our kite, played in the sand, got a little burnt, swam in the pool, went to the outlets, Addie ate a lot of sand--it was so so so great!!
2 funny stories from our trip that are more for my record than anything else:
1) I was sitting at the pool and overheard a conversation--in my defense I wasn't eavesdropping, they were just really loud. A lady about 75 was tanning and her friends were teasing her about her paint chips--I too wondered why they were teasing her about this until they showed another friend her collection of brown paint chips that she uses to match her skin color so she can tell others the exact color of her tan. For example, Native American or Expresso bean. I was laughing so hard, it was probably hard to miss the fact that I heard what they were talking about.
2) We planted our beach umbrella into the sand only to have it blow away. I didn't know 8 feet of beach umbrella could be so hard to hold down!! Chris helped me get it back and a few minutes later someone with a sand drill made us a sweet hole. A couple of hours later a couple with the exact same umbrella (Sam's Club seasonal special) had the same thing happen. The next day another family--different umbrella--had theirs blow away too. It was so funny watching everyone chase their umbrellas. I just wish we had gotten a picture of me trying to tackle ours!! I am sure it was quite the site.

5 comments:

Tom and Jane Schell said...

You guys always have such fun beach trips. It makes me excited to take my kids to the beach this year in NC.

Dena said...

Your beach trips always look so fun. My poor kids have only been once last fall and it was cold and insanely windy. That didn't keep them out of the water though. We're going to plan a beach trip this summer to finally give them fun beach experience that your family loves so much.

Amy said...

I can't wait!

Nat said...

Foster Family - I just want to agree with you on the best beaches are on the FL coast on the Gulf side. We lived in Pensacola for flight school. We went to the beach a few times and LOVE IT!! I am from SoCa but I LOVE LOVE the Gulf Coast Beaches.

(by the way I am Natalie Ostler Pederson went to school with Chris in Redlands)

Joe and Liz said...

I'd love to go there. I'll have to check to see how far it is from us. It sounds like you guys had a great time....except for the umbrella blowing away!! He He. That's funny.