I think I will definitely be ready for school to start next week. We have been trying to stay busy, and I think I can officially say I am worn out! We were given a GPS as a Christmas gift, so one day we went geocaching (check out www.geocaching.com for more info). For you locals that are interested, we just went to the Moss Rock Preserve which is close by. Anyways, the general idea is you have GPS coordinates that lead you to a "treasure." We did 2 different hunts and the kids were thrilled when we actually found the hidden boxes and were able to sign our names. Apparently these boxes are hidden all over and we are anxious to try it again! I think Addie was sufficiently worn out after our little hike. We rang in the new year at midnight (Eastern time--I even changed our clocks--hey we saw the ball drop in NY so it still counts right?) with pot banging, milkshakes, and lots of movies.
Thanks for the GPS tip. I know my brothers have done it, but I haven't even thought about doing it since we got ours. Maybe I'll wait for Tom though. You always have so much fun as a family. I love it.
We love that preserve and our cousins tell us that searching for them is so cool. (Don't tell Steve though it will fuel the "we need a GPS" fire more:) He'll have to keep up with the Fosters.
Geocaching sounds fun. I bet your kids loved it! We rang in the new year EST too. I didn't even bother to change the clocks. We watched the ball drop, blew our noise makers and called it good. I don't even think my kids knew it was supposed to be midnight here. :)
3 comments:
Thanks for the GPS tip. I know my brothers have done it, but I haven't even thought about doing it since we got ours. Maybe I'll wait for Tom though. You always have so much fun as a family. I love it.
We love that preserve and our cousins tell us that searching for them is so cool. (Don't tell Steve though it will fuel the "we need a GPS" fire more:) He'll have to keep up with the Fosters.
Geocaching sounds fun. I bet your kids loved it! We rang in the new year EST too. I didn't even bother to change the clocks. We watched the ball drop, blew our noise makers and called it good. I don't even think my kids knew it was supposed to be midnight here. :)
Post a Comment