Powered by Blogger.

Benson

Benson

Addie

Addie

Spencer

Spencer

Kennedy

Kennedy

Friday, January 9, 2009

One Day I'll Laugh About This




Last night Addie woke up at midnight with a dirty diaper. I changed her, and Chris decided to set up our porta-crib in a different bedroom so she wouldn't wake the other kids up (all our kids were sleeping in the same room last night--we play musical beds around here every night). We got her down and a few minutes later I heard some crying that sounded closer than it should. Apparently our porta-crib days are over. She climbed out of it. So she and I came downstairs in an attempt to get her to sleep. Nice thought. She was wide awake, so we proceeded to watch a reality show about wedding cake decorators (am I the only person that didn't know they made a TV show about this?) until 2:00 am. I tried putting her back in her own bed but I didn't want her screaming to wake up the other 2. I moved her back to the porta crib where she got out several times keeping Chris and I nice and awake before finally crashing. Needless to say, Chris and I were both exhausted this morning--and poor Chris gets to work all night.
After taking Kennedy to school, I was putting some laundry away and Spencer and Addie were just kind of playing downstairs. Spencer came up and said, "Mom, Addie keeps giving me water and I don't want to drink it." So my first thought--what is Addie doing with the water? I walked downstairs to find her pouring a cup of water into Chris's shoe. I turned around to discover she had already poured water on the other shoe, on all our rugs, the carpet on the stairs, inside a cupboard, inside a couple of bread pans, and on the floor. I know you're thinking--how long were you upstairs-where is the parent. I seriously had just gone up there!!
As punishment for the creating this disaster, I proceeded to give Addie a dum dum sucker so that she would be occupied while I cleaned up the mess--I know it's surprising that no one has asked me to write a parenting book yet.
Anyways, I got that mess cleaned up and began to look around at the other messes she has created this morning and realized it's no wonder I can't keep my house clean EVER!! Now the water is cleaned up, and I am onto getting the cupboard back in order, blocks picked up, etc. I know that Heavenly Father made babies so dang cute--so that you will still love them after 12 hours like this. One day I may laugh about this--I'll let you know when I start.

6 comments:

Joe and Liz said...

That's hilarious! How do they do sooo much in so little time?

Tom and Jane Schell said...

MIkelle...I can totally relate right now and wish that I couldn't. They are so cute though...what would we do with out them.

jayandmeganlott said...

Apparantly Easton has discovered the same thing. We found him at 4:00 in the morning wandering around the house. I just hope the crib days aren't over yet.

tessa said...

Crib tents! I love them and made it through the twos with the twins because of them:) I think your posts are so funny about Addie until I remember that when I start this phase you will be out of it. Ha, ha on me.

Dena said...

What a crazy day - and night! At least you know she'll eventually grow out of it - but sometimes it's hard to wait, especially if you aren't getting any sleep!

reesespeanutbuttercups said...

I always wonder what was it that gave them these ideas??? They just thought, "Oh, here is a shoe let me pour water in it? That's getting boring, now what else can I put water in?" I truely believe that is why they are so cute! And boy is she cute!