For the last 7 years Chris has been doing in house call at the hospital. For a good part of those years that has meant he "slept" (I use that term loosely because he rarely ever gets to actually sleep!!) at the hospital every 3rd to 4th night working a 24-36 hour shift. A few months ago Chris figured that in nights alone he has spent 1 1/2 years at the hospital--that doesn't include the daytime hours--a kind of depressing realization!!
Tonight Chris is working his last official in house call--I seriously can't believe it. There will always be some night work associated with his job, just because the his profession demands it, but I don't think I can even put into words just how excited I am to have him home more.
6 comments:
How EXCITING!!!!
Thanks for putting up with it for so long!
Yea for you guys! Yea for sleep!
How nice to see an end in sight! I will say though that when our boys were in the NICU it was wonderful to have the dedicated docs there at midnight when needed. It's a special service you both give of skill and time.
and he's a very good sport to pose for the picture holding up 1 finger! Good job Chris...you deserve a Diet Coke...or 6.
how exciting!! and to be moving back closer to family!!! to major pluses
Post a Comment