There aren't a lot of products out there that I would be willing to be on a commercial for, but there are 2 for sure. The first would be for those Reynold's crockpot liners--I think they are the greatest thing ever! The second would be for the Leapfrog DVDs. I SWEAR by them. I didn't know about them with Kennedy, but both Spencer and Addie have been able to recognize their letters and the sounds the letters make at the age of 2--and I can't take any credit for it. Addie wanders around the house on a regular basis singing about one letter or another is always shouting out a letter she sees and what sound it makes. The other day we were reading scriptures and each of the kids read a little and then Addie promptly announced it was her turn. Instead of reading words though, she pointed to each letter and said what it was and the sound it made. I'll bet not too many people pronounce the word the, "t says tttt, h says huh huh huh, the e says ehhh." Anyways, it's very funny and I highly recommend "The Letter Factory".
PS ignore my manly sounding voice in the background
On another note Addie also loves The Black Eyed Peas (Boom Boom Pow and Tonight's The Night are frequently sung) and has started saying "Holla"--I wonder what that means?
5 comments:
I LOVE the Leap Frog videos. Bryson totally taught himself to read at 3 yrs. old and is the best reader in his Kindergarten class by far. Ally totally wanders arounds singing "The A says .... or the G says ....,etc." They really are amazing!!!
She is too cute, Mikelle! I can't believe she is the same little baby who would let me rock her to sleep during Sunday School. She's growing up way too fast!
We miss you!!! How is piano going?
I couldn't agree more. A friend told me about them and between them and the abc cd's we listen to in the car my youngest has been able to do the same thing since he was 2 1/2. I have been meaning to document this too!
She's so cute....great job Addie!
We have those movies too, but I can't get Charly to watch them...and she really needs them! Addie is adorable! I miss you guys!
Post a Comment