Powered by Blogger.

Benson

Benson

Addie

Addie

Spencer

Spencer

Kennedy

Kennedy

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Pumpkin Saga Continues

So last night after painstakingly carving the Darth Vader pumpkin. . .for 3 hours. . .I was laying in bed thinking about my day and started to question (panic) whether or I was supposed to actually carve the kindergarten pumpkin. When his teacher asked me to decorate it, I naturally assumed that meant to carve, but then I started thinking, would a teacher really ask a random parent to carve just any crazy idea the kids voted on. I emailed her last night and was awake all night trying to come up with a back up plan. She emailed back this afternoon are sure enough they wanted the pumpkin decorated--not carved. So today was consumed with coming up with a new plan, finding a new pumpkin and gluing and spray painting. After 2 days of this our house is a DISASTER!!! But this is it--I am not doing another pumpkin in 2009--talk to me next year!

6 comments:

Tristen said...

Mikelle, I can't believe all of these posts! First of all, THE PUMPKINS LOOK AWESOME! Second of all, I'm sorry about all of the mix-ups, I can't believe what a huge job that turned out to be! But at least they look awesome!! I'm sure Spencer is so proud of his talented Mama. :)

Joe and Liz said...

All I can say is WOW....you're an awesome Mom and so creative. What a stresser though!! I bet Spencer was very proud of the pumpkin!!

Katie said...

I would have found a head-shot of Darth Vader on Google Images and Glued it to the Pumpkin...maybe why no one has ever asked me to do anything like this!! Both Pumpkins are AMAZING!!! Yay Mikelle!

Tom and Jane Schell said...

Wow Mikelle...you are definitely mother of the year for this one!

Dena said...

You are probably the best mom ever to go through all that! It's crazy the little things that can cause sooooo much stress!

LJABC and D said...

You are seriously amazing. I would have sat in the corner and cried. Lewis thinks the carved Darth Vader is the coolest thing he's ever seen.