Chris and I were awakened this morning by thudding footsteps running through our house. It was Kennedy. She was coughing dramatically and acting like she may or may not throw up. However, rather than just picking a spot and staying there, she ran back and forth for 15 minutes until we finally told her to take a shower and that she was staying home today. In the shower she sang a self written song entitled "Friday". The words are pretty easy to learn. Just sing Friday in different pitches for 10 minutes. Chris and I were very entertained. When she realized that she had planned to buy spaghetti lunch at school, she had a miraculous recovery by 9:00.

While we were listening to Kennedy's foot races, Addie came and got in bed with us and got really close to my face and said, "Mom, you look gross." Thanks Addie. While I was making breakfast she said, "Can I please have some milk? Please, puh-lease, PUH-LEASE Big Daddy?" I guess we still watch Princess and the Frog too much. After the kids left for school, I thought we would go for a walk. So I sat down to put my shoes on where she informed me, "Mom, I have a little bum. You have a big, BIG, BIG bum." I guess it's a good thing we were going for a walk. (plus, notice there is no picture of me included.)

Spencer spent 35 minutes this morning informing me that he was going to use his own money to buy a $43 reserved stadium chair for the BYU games. If he had $100, he would buy 2. When I asked why he would need 2, he just said matter of factly "I don't need 2, but I would just buy it because I had $100." I guess we need to discuss money management with him. I told him that wasn't a great idea so now he is considering spending it on Papa John's pizza because he found a coupon.

I made french toast for breakfast. I feel like this was super generous of me considering I think it's disgusting. The soggy bread and little bits of egg floating (I know they are cooked, but still) make me gag. Then my kids all do exactly what Spencer did in this picture. Dump syrup all over it until it's even soggier. Spencer informed me he hadn't had this in forever. After looking at it, isn't it hard to imagine why?
All of this probably wasn't worth a blog post, but I have a feeling one day when all of my kids are big (sentimental pregnant mom moment) I will want to remember this!
5 comments:
Totally laughing. My favorite is the 6am wake up to you look gross. That is no way to get your mom to make your favorite breakfast. Though I'm gonna side with the kids. I love french toast and the more drenched in syrup the better. Any time Steve's gone for dinner it is what we eat (he doesn't like.) We do butter and powdered sugar sometimes though if you're anti sticky syrup. I want to see a picture of your cute pregnant self. Put one up.
Your kids are adorable!! Gotta love how brutally honest they are with us poor moms, huh? Alaria's thing lately is to criticize all of my clothes. They are too funny! When are we getting together?!?
What a great day! ;) You handled it all with grace, Mikelle. Your kids are too stinkin' cute!
Okay, so the above comment was by me, Becky, not Jimmy. Our blogger thing is messed up right now...still working on it.
mikelle, i think this was my favorite blog post by you... ever. so funny. i love your kids. im still laughing :)
Post a Comment