Powered by Blogger.

Benson

Benson

Addie

Addie

Spencer

Spencer

Kennedy

Kennedy

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

On Reading

All of our kids love to read. I love this. They typically get in bed around 8pm and read until 10pm--I don't actually mean for them to stay up this late, I just forget to turn the lights off. During February, the kids school participated in the Jazz Reading Program. Spencer is particularly driven when it comes to competition. The first weekend of the program he read for over 4 hours alone on Saturday. I wish I had written down how many minutes he read over the course of the month, because it was SO MANY. Last week he found out that he was the 2nd highest minute reader in the 2nd grade and he won a new scooter. I love that he is so driven and I hope that he can always use his competitive nature in a positive way.
As a reading side note, so far this year Spencer finished the final Harry Potter book, has read books 1-12 of A Series of Unfortunate Events, 2 Percy Jackson books, and numerous other non-series books. He is definitely his father's son!

1 comment:

Lori said...

He looks like he has the funniest personality! And wow, what a reader!