For the past 3 summers I have had the opportunity to go to Girl's Camp with the young women in our ward. This is probably my FAVORITE thing I get to do as their leader. I get to work with FABULOUS women and I get to see these young teenage girls develop a love for our Savior. This year I got to spend the entire week with them, and it was so so fun (thank you Chris for taking the week off of work and being super dad!).
 |
| Just some of the fabulous women I get to work with! |
 |
| As a humanitarian project, the girls made beanies to donate to a children's hospital. |
This year we were able to go the Heber Valley Girl's camp. This camp is FABULOUS. President Hinckley's vision for this camp is AMAZING. One of my favorite things is the challenge course. We were able to have some really great discussions with our girls on the course. This year we were assigned the course with a giant swing. Last time I went I was pregnant, so I was super excited I could go on it!
 |
| The girls had to hoist each other on the giant tree swing. |
 |
| That would be me:) |
 |
| Skit night was super fun! |
 |
| I think I am still missing hair that disappeared in some duct tape! |
 |
| Our ward has the greatest young women. We had 7 canoes and they connected them on the water together and sang for everyone else to hear. So fun! |

It was a great year at camp! I am having a hard time with the reality that next year MY OWN DAUGHTER will be 12 and old enough to go! (How the heck does this happen????) But I am so excited for her and the opportunity to possibly go again and watch her and see her testimony grow. I am so excited that we have such fabulous girls in our neighborhood and that she will get to become part of this group. I feel so blessed everyday that these girls and women are apart of my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment