I have had the opportunity to serve as the YW President in our ward for the past 2 1/2 years. At the beginning of each new year, we hold our New Beginnings program where we talk about the new theme for the year (Stand in Holy Places), and welcome all the girls who will turn 12 in the upcoming year. This year we get 2 new girls AND KENNEDY IS ONE OF THEM. WE HAVE A DAUGHTER WHO IS GOING TO BE 12!!!! SHE CAN GO TO GIRL'S CAMP!!! I think my cool factor just went down a notch because that makes Chris and I OLD! Besides the fact that I suddenly feel like I need a wheelchair and a pudding cup, I always love New Beginnings (mostly when it's over) but this year I felt went exceptionally well--maybe because it's the 3rd one that I have been able to do with my fellow leaders, and we had 2 girls earn medallions and 1 earn her honor bee--so excited for them! My only regret is that I didn't get more pictures of our decorations. We did a shoe theme and all of the tables turned out so cute. I need to see if I can steal some pictures from someone! Chris also wanted me to document that he picked up a mop for the first time in about 10 years. I am so excited for Kennedy to get to be apart of this amazing organization!
13 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment