Today we had a ward pinewood derby. Chris helped the kids design and cut out their cars this week, and then they painted them and decorated the cars themselves with none other than scrapbook supplies. See just one more reason why buying rub-ons is a necessity!! The kids had a great time even though they weren’t the fastest cars. Chris had to work and I am less than skilled in the weight perfection department of pinewood derby cars, so I did not even attempt to alter them or drill metal in them, or whatever makes them faster. However, Spencer’s car did beat Kennedy’s, so he was pretty proud of that. He actually thought he won all of his races so he was a happy camper. Kennedy seemed a little disappointed that her car wasn't very fast, but she liked watching the races. And even though she didn't have a speedy car, she won Best of Show and she was soooo excited. She completely forgot that her car wasn't fast. She talked about her “reward” the whole way home. Overall--a success!!!


2 comments:
well...so they weren't the fastest, but they were the best looking! It is so fun to read your blog Mikelle and you take the best pictures. Thanks for the inspiration.
I am doing pine wood derby with my scouts next month, so if you have any advice for me....
I LOVE their faces where Kennedy is holding her certificate - that picture is great!
Post a Comment