





So you should be able to sleep in on Saturdays--right?? Not so much. Spencer's soccer game was at 7:45 yesterday morning and it's 15 min away from our house. Plus we have to get kids up, feed them, and get dressed. That's way too much to have done by 7:20 on a Saturday morning!! Anyways, I think it's too early for a game for Spencer too!! His soccer game yesterday was more like "flight of the bumblebee". That kid was all over the place--just not by the ball. He was prancing around like a fairy with his shirt pulled over his head and at other times with his eyes shut. He put his arms out like he was sleepwalking and headed towards the goal--seriously who does that? Anyways Chris and I were seriously questioning why we bothered to drag everyone out at such an insane hour. So we chatted with Spencer who by the 4th quarter decided he was interested, scored a goal, and then wanted to play soccer with his eyes open again. Let's hope that the interest stays and the rest of us don't have to be tortured by waking up early to observe our boy do power ranger kicks in the middle of the soccer field while the other children cluster in a group around the ball at the goal!! We also spent part of yesterday going to the Parade of Homes. It's going on the next 3 weeks and it is so my favorite thing to go to!! We go look at insanely huge houses that have every possible amenity. It is so very fun. At one house we even had a girl dressed up like Scarlett O'hara open the door for us. I like to refer to her as "The Plantation Princess." One really cool thing we saw in one of the houses was a stained concrete wall. Rather that drywalling and painting the cement foundation wall in the basement, they stained the concrete and it looked so cool. So if anyone is looking to stain concrete I can send some pics--and I saw the laundry room of my dreams. It had a desk, a billion cabinets, and countertops like nobody's business--I think it was bigger than my kitchen and living room combined!! Too bad it's so outrageously expensive and in Alabama and not the west coast!! But it did plant a sweet laundry room dream in my head!! Yesterday we also saw a pink limo--we thought it was great and thought you might enjoy this. I also tried to take a picture of my kids today wearing their matching shirts my mom got them in New York. As you can see--a little less effective!! This other picture is Kennedy and Addie snuggling tonight while we were reading scriptures. I just thought they looked so cute!! Everybody needs a big sister like Kennedy!! She loves Addie so much--sometimes probably too much, but that's okay! Anyways, that was just a summary of another weekend with the Fosters--feel free to visit and you too can enjoy soccer fun, our crazy children, and if you are lucky we just might spot a pink limo!!
6 comments:
Ugh! Soccer at 7:45 am?? CRAZY!!
The FOSTERS!!!! I can't believe that I am looking at your blog page :-) Your kids are beautiful and we both have 3 how crazy is that?!?!?
I guess my ultimate question is: Are you a HUGE ju-ju-be girl too?!?!? You probably are if you have been in the Pink room.
e-mail me!! we have tons of catching up to do :-) smith dot alicia at yahoo dot com
Maybe Spencer is so good that he is just bored by soccer. He just has to make it a challenge by wearing the shirt on his head or closing his eyes.
Hey! We are building one of those insanely huge houses with every ammenity in it right now (which we may put in next years parade of homes) and we are doing stained concrete floors. We haven't decided on the stain color though so I would love it if you could email pics from the parade of homes you went to. Any of the pictures of cool stuff I would love to see. Thanks! Allie
Hey! We are building one of those insanely huge houses with every ammenity in it right now (which we may put in next years parade of homes) and we are doing stained concrete floors. We haven't decided on the stain color though so I would love it if you could email pics from the parade of homes you went to. Any of the pictures of cool stuff I would love to see. Thanks! Allie
Hey, can you send me pics of the concrete? I saw that somewhere (maybe HGTV) and it was neat.
Post a Comment