Addie loves to chew on anything in sight. She was seriously so proud of herself for getting a hold of this cereal box!

Kennedy had a cheernastic performance this week. Her teacher here is spotting her on a backbend/flip (with help). Chris and I LOVED the little hip hop dance they did. Are we old enough to have a daughter that does hip hop? Surely not!!

Spencer break dancing in the kitchen to "Hey batter, batter swing." from High School Musical 2

At K's school Christmas party, she and another classmate had matching shirts. Guess we all shop at Target!

At the ward party last night, the primary did a couple of skits. They did an elf skit and Kennedy was a "decking the halls" elf and Spencer was a "polishing the jingle bell" elf. In the Nativity Kennedy was the star and Spencer was a sheep.




Santa at the ward Christmas party.

It's been a big week for Addie. She learned to clap and is super proud of this new accomplishment. She also tries to imitate the word "yeah", but it sounds more like aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Chris swears she said dada a church today--I didn't hear it so I am a little skeptical! And she cut 2 teeth today!! She has been so grumpy the last few days, and we thought it might be teeth and sure enough. It makes me sad though because once you get teeth you look like a toddler instead of a little baby--it goes too fast!

So Kennedy has been needing some new black church shoes. Yesterday we went to get some and I, wanting to keep my 6 year old young, picked up every pair of mary janes possibly. I was flat out told that she would not wear them. So then I went for the sparkly ballet flats--but no way again. So she picked out strappy shoes with a heel and wore them to church today. She looked so old. I didn't get a full body shot because when we got home from church she ran and took a dive in the driveway. So she was a little teary eyed. That will have to wait until next week.

Other funny stories from this week:
1. I love the movie "A Christmas Story." I grew up loving the phrase "platypus snot", red rider bb guns, and of course the infamous "major award"--the leg lamp. It made my day yesterday when I noticed a house down the street had an inflatable leg lamp in their front yard--I have got to get one of those!!
2. On Friday night I went to Little Cesears to get some pizza. I went in and ordered 2 pepparonis and the cashier looked back and said they only had cheese. I said that was fine, paid for them and as the cashier was going to get them a guy who had been waiting for pepparoni said that he would take the cheese instead and they gave him my pizza--What the heck!! I would not give them an A for customer service. I thought of all these things I should have said after the fact, but I just took a sausage pizza and left. Sadly we will not stop going their because it is seriously 1 min away--and I actually couldn't stop laughing because it seemed so shocking to me to give away my pizza. Anyways, Chris and I have had a good laugh about it.
3. Funny story about Chris. We have an OB/GYN nurse in our ward who was working the same shift as Chris a few weeks ago. They both saw a patient and when the nurse went back to ask the patient if she had any questions--and her pressing question before she delivered her baby?? Just how old is Dr. Foster? Funny huh!!
4 comments:
I know Chris looks young, so I can see the concern there. I just wanted to know that my OB was older than me... he was a year younger, but I figured that was good enough!
You guys are always doing such fun things! And I totally agree on the teeth thing...our babies both have 4 teeth already, with #5 ready to pop through, and they just don't look like babies anymore! Makes me want to cry!
Your kids are so cute! Alaria has started clapping as well and I think it's the sweetest thing! I love when they can start to communicate in some way with you!
I hope the "looking young" runs in the family! It's not fair that the guys get all the good luck! Kaylee has those same shoes! They look so grown up! Kaylee also gets a little attitude and a swing in her hip when she wears them because she feels grown up too!
Post a Comment