Powered by Blogger.

Benson

Benson

Addie

Addie

Spencer

Spencer

Kennedy

Kennedy

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Snow??? Where do we live again?

So what the heck--snow in Alabama!! But it's true, we got SNOW!! The kids were SO SO SO excited!! On Friday night, with the anticipation of snow, Kennedy laid out her snow clothes on her bedroom floor so they would be ready for the next day!! I woke up on Saturday morning to the outside door shutting and the kids outside. I went downstairs and found the kids playing in a "dusting" of snow. Kennedy was dressed fairly warm, but Spencer was wearing is skater pajama top, transformer pajama bottom, orange flip flops, one glove and a scarf. I missed the photo opportunity of that sight by forcing a coat and shoes on him!! They kids played outside, mainly on the trampoline where there was a small collection of snow. There wasn't very much, but they did make an "ice face" because there wasn't enough snow for a full snowman. About 10 am it started snowing again, so the kids headed back out and played some more, made snowballs and angels, and then in the afternoon the kids and I had just enough snow left to build a snowman--if you notice the snowman picture below Spencer is sporting the orange flip flops. I guess you can take the boy out of Arizona, but you can't take the Arizona out of the boy!! The kids had so much fun, but I have decided I don't know if I can live some place where it snows a lot--it's so freezing!!






Kennedy is saving a little snow for a "sunny" day!


Addie did not play in the snow, but she did enjoy dinner!!

As a sidenote that has nothing to do with snow, I thought I would show my latest project. Kennedy likes to take her time getting ready in the morning. Because of this little "issue" we are often getting to school at 7:59--it starts at 8:00!! So we decided that we will have to pick out our clothes for the week on Sunday!! I thought it would be fun to have cute hangers, but Kennedy has informed me otherwise. Oh well, I have heard of other people doing similar things so we will see if it works!!!

7 comments:

Amy said...

How fun! Spencer reminds me of Bryce! He would be out there in flip flops too! As for the picking out clothes on Sunday, we tried that with Kaylee, it worked for the first week, but we haven't done it since. She kept changing her mind! Maybe if I had cute hangers like yours it would have lasted longer!

Dena said...

How fun to get a little snow once in a while - but not have to deal with it all the time! My kids would love it!

Good luck with the getting ready in the morning thing. It's always hard w/ Maddy too. I've read that if you give them ample time to get ready and they don't make it, just make them go to school as is, even if it's in their pj's and then they will learn to get ready on time or suffer the consequences. Maddy always just barely makes it, so I haven't done anything that drastic yet, plus, I actually think she'd enjoy going to school in her pj's. I don't have the answer either. Let me know if the hanger thing works.

Michelle said...

I'll bet your kids loved getting some snow! I loved the snow face! Your hanger idea is super cute!

Jenny & Scott said...

Hey Chris Foster,

Crazy things these blogs...you can find people you haven't heard from or seen in years. It's good to see all is well and your family looks amazing.

Your also really skinny...I am really fat.

Enjoy,

Scott Fowler
http://jennybethandscott.blogspot.com/

The Lemon Family said...

i would love to get a freak snow storm...what fun

I love the hangers...your so creative! :)

Michelle said...

Those hangers are sooo cute! I might need to try that out with Luke!

Melody Kingsley said...

Mikelle, you should write a book about your cool craft and parenting ideas. That is genius!