

Although Addie is approaching 9 months, she has not yet decided that she should be mobile. At first I thought something was wrong since K and S both started crawling around 5 1/2 - 6 months and walking between 9-10. However, I have since learned this is normal and have come to appreciate leaving Addie sitting in a room, leaving, and then coming back to find her in the same place where I put her. But the kids are very anxious for her to move, and so yesterday when we found her caught in her crib, it was super exciting that she was actually "doing something." And this other picture of Kennedy and Spencer is their "bread art." And yes, my kids pictures lately all seem to be in their pajamas!! I guess the action here happens first thing in the morning or at bedtime!
*Funny (to me) Sidenote* I use my blog as a journal, so this story is mainly for my own record. But you might enjoy this little blip in our life!
Some of you know that I graduated with a degree in Political Science. I had intentions of law school even up until a few years ago, but I have since decided that Chris has been in school long enough for the both of us for a lifetime! Anyways, I am still a news junkie and I love all of the presidential campaign stuff that is going on right now. Anyways that's a little background to this story.
As a mom with 3 kids most of my conversations with them involve things like High School Musical, Hannah Montana, making good choices, not picking our nose in public, So and so in K's class throwing up on their desk, explaining that m&m's are not healthy even though they do involve a letter of the alphabet, etc.--I am sure that many of you can relate. I love hearing all of this stuff, however, tonight at dinner K asked me if I knew that their was a presidential election going on. So we had--and my kids listened--to a good, at least 15 min., explanation of presidential primaries, political parties, and candidates. We used M&M's (it's no wonder they think they are healthy--we use them for everything!) to show them the differences between parties, how their are many candidates during the primaries, and how by Nov. their is only one blue candidate left and one red candidate left, and I think they actually grasped the concept. Anyways, I actually felt somewhat intellectually stimulated and that my degree was actually worth something. Not that it wouldn't be worth something, but let's face it, a degree in Political Science isn't the most practical!!
5 comments:
Wow Mikelle! I'm impressed. M&M's or no M&M's. I don't think my kids even know there is a Presidential election. In fact, I'm not sure that they even know there is a President. I think they know that we live in the United States though. I guess I have my work cut out for me.
I love how she's sitting in her crib like it's prison! I'm impressed - your kids are on a much higher level of thinking than my kids! I think Cole probably thinks the President of the United States is a transformer - well, in his world it probably is. So cute!
That's awesome Mikelle. We watched the primaries too, and I also had to bribe Tyler to watch them. Except I used lemonheads instead of M&Ms. I'll have to try that when we have kids.
its sooo rewarding to know that even the years we have spent in school mean something...lately cameron and i have been reading books together, i read him the story and he then reads/tells it to me(something my literacy professor would be so proud of) so kudos to you and your great teaching moment!!!! :)
Great way to explain it to the kids! Never thought of that! If I ever have kids old enough to explain it to them, that's how I'll do it!
Post a Comment