Powered by Blogger.

Benson

Benson

Addie

Addie

Spencer

Spencer

Kennedy

Kennedy

Thursday, February 21, 2008

California Dreamin'

We just got back from California at 12:30 am, and were successfully worn out. We had a great time and the kids have already shed a million tears. They miss the fun already, and have asked when we are moving closer to Grandma. It was so fun to see everyone, and thank you to everyone for all the fun! Our first day their Grandma had a Valentine's dance for all the kids and taught them the cha cha using old records. Then the kids (and Chris!) let loose for a good while!!

No trip is ever complete without going to the beach!! The weather was SO great and the kids had so much fun. And Addie LOVED the sand. When K was little she wouldn't put her feet on the sand, but Addie had no problems touching, crawling, and eating it!! (side note Addie started crawling the day before we left--exciting moment in out house!)



We went to jumping Jacks where they have a bunch of inflatables, and the kids had a great time.


Where else but California can you go to the beach one day and the snow another? Chris and the kids went sledding with the cousins, and Addie and I stayed behind because she had a cold and I didn't want her out in the cold. They had a great time, even though Kennedy hit her face on the ice and got a sweet little bruise!!


The funniest thing happened at the airport on the way home. We had just gone through security and finished putting our shoes on, and Spencer leaned over to me with a very pleased look on his face, and said, "Guess what mom, I put blueberries in my backpack." I just kind of laughed, and then checked his backpack. Sure enough there was an entire cup of blueberries that he had brought from grandma's house and stowed away in his bag!! We laughed SOOOO hard, I think people around us must have thought we were a little crazy!! I wondered why it took his bag a little longer to go through the security scanner!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

So glad he left his weapons for sword-fighting, etc. at home! That's what my guys would have been sneaking on...

Dena said...

Looks like a great time was had by all! My poor kids have only been to the beach once last fall and it was soooo cold and windy, but they still went in the water. I grew up in So Cal and went to the beach all the time. We'll have to take them this summer so they can see what the beach is really like.

Too funny about the blueberries! With my luck they would have dumped out and been smushed all over everything else in the backpack! Glad that didn't happen for you!!!

Michelle said...

That sounds so fun! I am dying for a vacation! By the way - I am tagging you - check my blog for the details!

Tom and Jane Schell said...

California looks so fun! I love to visit there. I'm jealous.

Mandy said...

It looks like ya'll had fun. I am glad all the family got to see Addie crawling!