Well Addie's birthday is the lucky 200th post, and let me just warn you it is long, and full of out of order pictures. Addie had a great 2nd birthday--in two parts. She had a little cake and opened her presents on her actual birthday, and then a few friends came over today for cake and ice-cream. I was surprised to see how into it she was. She loved the opening present concept, she loved having a cake(s), she did not love sharing any of her gifts with her older brother who was just dying to touch everything she opened, she cried every time we sang Happy Birthday, she politely said thank you, at her party today she passed out cake to a few friends before eating--she really is a sweet girl and we are lucky to have her in our home.

Birthday cake #1
Addie did not handle the Happy Birthday song very well--many a tears were shed--plus isn't that a lovely picture of me holding her!!
Addie and her cake--she LOVES Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and when I showed her the cake, she immediately recognized it as "toodles", and walked around with her hands by her mouth saying, "Oh toodles"--it was very funny!

The cake

This might be my new favorite thing. I discovered cake balls on
Bakerella and added some ears to make them look like Mickey Mouse--so easy and so fun. I keep trying to think of different things I can make variations of them for!
Addie stealing some cake
Addie was totally into opening presents--and although she had two ready and willing helpers, she didn't welcome their help too well!!

I tried to take
Addie to get her pictures taken, and she totally freaked out, so these might have to count as 2 year old pictures instead-BUMMER!!


The traditional candle in your breakfast!

And, just for fun, Chris and I went to
Wicked yesterday--It was awesome!
7 comments:
So jealous. I'm dying to see Wicked. What a sweet girl. Loved your cakes as always.
I LOVE Wicked, I'm so glad you got to see it!
So where are you going to live in Utah? If you're close to us Chris could be our pediatrician!
Looks like she had a great birthday! Can you belive how fast she is growing up?!
I loved your cake pop idea Mikelle. I love Bakerella too!! Those are so yummy. I made those for my piano recital last year and am going to try the cupcake bites this time around. You'll have to check those out too. They look a ton easier. Her website is so cute! Anyways happy birthday to your little cutie. She's adorable
Cute Birthday(s)! Also, that is awesome that you got to see Wicked!
Addie is so adorable. I need to get some cake decorating lessons from you before you move. I always love to see what cake you have made for your children's birthdays.
CUTE!! Hope you have a beautiful and blessed weekend :) ♥ HUGS ♥
Post a Comment