Powered by Blogger.

Benson

Benson

Addie

Addie

Spencer

Spencer

Kennedy

Kennedy

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Zoo Weather

Chris had to work this weekend so the kids and I drove up to Salt Lake and went to Hogle Zoo. The weather was so so perfect and I know the cold is going to be back soon, so I wanted to be outside!!
The baby elephant was amazing
Spencer loved the cougar country sign, only we were fully aware we were not in cougar country since everyone was wearing Utah shirts!! (Bradfords, we thought of you!)
Kennedy loved the baby giraffe


We had only been at the zoo about 2 minutes when Spencer crashed after running down a hill and scrapped his knees and hand up. He recovered quickly and made it through the whole zoo without too much complaining. However, he really wanted a bandaid because his knee wouldn't stop bleeding. On the way to the first aid station he managed to get the biggest sliver I think I have ever seen in my entire life in his finger. So not only did we get a bandaid for his knee, but he got to have his sliver removed by the security guy--and it was not pretty. He took it easy for a few minutes with an ice pack, but it didn't take him long to get back in the action!!
It was a super fun day and I love love love this weather. I am not ready for the 6 months of freezing cold I know are coming!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

So fun! Russ' parents live 3 minutes up the canyon from the zoo if you ever want to stop by! Glad we made your post!