Powered by Blogger.

Benson

Benson

Addie

Addie

Spencer

Spencer

Kennedy

Kennedy

Thursday, September 22, 2011

We aren't runners

I actually don't mind exercising, but I HATE running. It hurts my knees, it hurts my feet, and I think it's boring--no offense to anyone who enjoys it, I just don't. The kids school had a 5k fundraiser last week though, and the 3 of us decided to do it together--I used it for one of my young women personal progress projects. We trained (I like to use that word "loosely" true runner would probably laugh) for about 6 weeks, and it was fun to spend time with my 2 older kids talking while we ran.
I was a little panicked about Spencer running because in practice 5k's around the indoor track he had a few 55 min runs. But on race day that boy's love of competition kicked in and he did it in 28 minutes--and actually ran most of it.
I stayed with Kennedy--she was frustrated a good part of the race because we had done most of our practicing on an indoor track. The temperature was a lot cooler than she was used to running in and her asthma flared up. She did awesome though doing it in about 32 minutes!
I am so proud of my kiddos for running this. Most of the kids did the 1 mile run and I was really proud of them for not only trying this, but finishing. I have to admit I did NOT catch the love of running. I still do it for the exercise and the hope that one day my left over baby pounds will disappear but that's it!
We left after we ran to get the kids to soccer and football and found out later Spencer placed 2nd in his age division (8-10 year olds). He was super excited!

No comments: