The night before Halloween we carved our pumpkins--much to my happiness the kids cleaned their own. However, they wanted complicated designs, so it still took us forever. Kennedy picked Mickey Mouse, Spencer picked the Avengers, Addie picked Rapunzel, and Spencer carved a face for Benson. He did a great job and next year I think I will implement the rule, if you can't carve the face you want yourself, then you don't get that face!!
This year we went with an Angry Birds theme. Chris and I had shirts too, but with all the chaos we didn't get any pictures of us--we will have to recreate it! Benson HATED his costume the morning of.
However, by Halloween night he cooperated.
All the birds.
Once Benson figured out candy went in the bags, he went to town putting it in everyones.
![]() |
| Benson's first time trick or treating. |
This is our first year of trick or treating while dealing with a peanut allergic almost 2 year old. We had the kids put all of their peanut and peanut butter candy in special bags that have been carefully hidden. I will say trick or treating with Benson made me a little nervous because he kept reaching in his bag, so I had to check what was in there after every house.
Chris had to dress up as Vector from Despicable Me for work. This was the best I could come up with between the wedding and Disneyland!!
*The past 2 years that we have lived in our house we haven't had a lot of trick or treaters. I decided that it would be fun to give out full size candy bars, and had 96. Not only did we go through ALL of them, but we went through ALL of our backup candy and almost all of the candy that I bought for a candy jar for our house. I think we had over 200 kids stop by! Next year I will have to be better prepared!












No comments:
Post a Comment