Powered by Blogger.

Benson

Benson

Addie

Addie

Spencer

Spencer

Kennedy

Kennedy

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Happy Veteran's Day, etc.




Yesterday Kennedy (and the rest of the 1st grade) sang in a program at school honoring the Veteran's. They did so good and the program was really nice. After the singing they played the songs of all the military branches and had those who had served in the military stand up when they heard their song--for some reason I always get a knot in the back of my throat when they do that even though we aren't in the military!! But it was extra touching because a father of a former student who was killed last year stood up and held his son's military tags when they played the Marine's song--so sad!! But overall it was a fun little program.
And the cemetery picture was taken at the zoo on Halloween. Do you think we found a long lost Alabama relative?
And the other picture is just one of Kennedy. I thought she looked so cute and so old!! Much to my chagrin she wears that headband every single day (except Sundays, I put my foot down!), and is so proud of the fact that she does her own hair!! But anyways, it's just fun to watch her grow and she her develop her own, and often, strong opinions about stuff!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Hey Mikelle! So glad to be able to browse your blog again! I put up my answers to your tag...looks like all is well in your family!

Britton said...

Kennedy is so beautiful! I just love that picture of her. Tell her that I am proud of her that she can do her own hair. There are a lot of kids in my class that could learn from her!

tessa said...

We have 3 pink headbands we alternate each day:)