I have moved so many times in my life and totally understand the difficulty of making new friends, going to new schools, fitting in with new groups of people, etc. As I have gotten older I have realized that those friendships can span cross country and I am so grateful for all of the friends that I have made in each place that I have lived. But that doesn't make it easier for an 8 year old to move to a new place. I too am sad for her to leave her friends and her school here. The last 2 years here in Alabama have been such a positive experience for her. I hope that our move to Utah will be just as positive. But for now, I guess I will just keep apologizing for making her move--we love you Kennedy!
Pics from her class party:
4 comments:
Oh, poor Kennedy!!! What a cutie, she will be so well loved here!
I know it's hard now, but at least you'll be able to get settled now and won't have to keep moving around. She'll love being close to family and will make new friends, but it's still hard saying good bye.
It is so fun to see what you guys have been up to.
I am excited for your move, but sad for Kennedy. Utah will be awesome for her too, I just know it!
Spencer is such a crack up too, I loved his funny sayings.
Good luck with getting ready to move. You guys are pros by now.
xoxoxo
We moved pretty much every year growing up b/c of my Dad's medical training and though it was hard, I'd say that's a big part of who I am today. I don't mind new situations and meeting new people and it's cause I had to again, and again. Tell Kennedy she'll be just like me:) kidding. But tell her I know it's no fun and she'll love it once she gets there. It always helped when my mom bought us whatever toy we wanted from Toys R us for the summer cross country move. A little bribery helped a lot!
Post a Comment