
I can't believe it, but Kennedy turned TEN on Saturday!! I am still having a hard time accepting it! We are so happy to have her and love the young lady she is becoming! We decided to not have friend parties this year, but I still wanted to make her day special. So on Friday night my mom and I wrapped all her presents, tied them to balloons and hid them, and then put this sign on her door.

It took her an hour and a half to find all of them. They were in closets, the car, the dryer, cupboards, the shower, etc. Addie got Kennedy this lovely birthday sash.

Candles in her breakfast.

We wouldn't let her open her presents until that afternoon. This year she had a really hard time coming up with something that she really wanted, so we gave her gift cards to a few different stores and she and I are going to have a shopping day and she can pick out what she wants. She was excited that she did get the 1 thing that she asked for though--mood nail polish. Who knew that stuff even existed!

She wanted a blue and white cake. I have to admit, I was a little disappointed with the final outcome, but it's my own fault for waiting until 10 o'clock the night before!

But I did manage to sneak blue on the inside too!


Happy birthday to our favorite 10 year old--it's been a great decade for our family!!
4 comments:
I wish I could make disappointing cakes like that!! :) So fun....Happy Birthday Kennedy!
What a great idea to hide her presents. I love the balloons! And yeah, I'm with Michelle, I can't believe you were disappointed in that cake. It is beautiful. I can't believe Kennedy is 10. I remember she was the most beautiful baby and she has turned into a beautiful girl.
Dang girl! you are talented at everything you do! IT looks like it turned out AWESOME...the cake...the presents...the whole day!
WOW! What a fun birthday idea...I'm going to have to try. Happy (late) Birthday Kennedy!
Post a Comment