Last Thursday Benson started out like this. A happy little guy.

By 5:00 pm he had a fever of 100.5, and by 7 it was at 102. We've never had a newborn with a fever, so this was a little on the scary side for us. We were just congratulating ourselves on keeping our winter baby healthy for so long and right at the end of the sick season, he caught something! Chris took him to the office and ran some tests on him, and decided we needed to take him to the hospital. At the hospital they suctioned him out--which is pure torture for both babies and moms. He got chest
xrays and lots of needle pokes to check for RSV. By the time all was said and done, his eyes were swollen and he still had a fever, but he did pretty good.

Turns out he did not have RSV--
hallelujah! But he did get a lovely shot of antibiotics in his chubby little thigh.

His fever finally broke on Friday, and he had lots of bandaids to cover all his poke and prod marks!

He's feeling better.

We're so happy. We love him.
5 comments:
Poor little guy! West had RSV when he was five weeks old...not good at all. I'm so glad you have seemed to dodge the bullet. May Benson feel better soon!
Poor baby! I know that must have been tough on all of you! Hope he's feeling much better!
Glad he's doing better. Sick babies are so scary!
Oh, I know that had to be so scary. I'm so glad he is better. I could just pinch those chubby cheeks.
Hurry up and get here already! I can't wait to hold that cute little baby! Glad he's feeling better!
Post a Comment