Powered by Blogger.

Benson

Benson

Addie

Addie

Spencer

Spencer

Kennedy

Kennedy

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas Day

I LOVE Christmas morning. Even as an adult I still get a little giddy with anticipation wondering what their reaction will be when they come in the living room. My older kids didn't ask for much this year, however, Kennedy has been BEGGING, PLEADING, DYING FOR duct tape. Seriously. She couldn't stop talking about it. Needless to say, she was thrilled and I did not ever in my life expect to hear the screams of delight that she shared over duct tape. However, I think my ultimate FAVORITE Christmas morning moment was when she opened a box with a Wicked playbill telling her she is going to see it in August when it comes to Salt Lake. Her excitement seriously made me teary.
She has already made a few projects. This was her first.
I thought she think would a pillow pet was too kiddish, but she LOVES penguins and was excited to add it to her collection!
Spencer did not ask for much this year. All he wanted were Pokemon cards. I was bummed when I realized this was the only picture I got of him with them!
This reaction was priceless! He was so bummed when Benson got a BYU pillow pet for his birthday. I believe his exact words were "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? I HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR A PILLOW PET FOR THAREEEEE YEARS AND HE GETS ONE ON HIS 1ST BIRTHDAY!!!" Needless to say, he was thrilled to get one of his own.
He was also excited about his flag football set--and lucky for him the winter weather has been dry and amazing and he has been able to use it!
He got a new lego set--but I think Santa's smartest gift was a Lego book with ideas of what you can do with the legos you already have. It has some really fun things in it, and has already gotten a lot of use. I think it will be a great way to utilize the legos he already has!
Addie has been begging for a pink DS since last Christmas. She was thrilled! I didn't think she could play it by herself, but turns out it wasn't a problem. She played her 1 game all. day. long.

This was the year of the ponies and unicorns for Addie. She got a unicorn pillow pet, and several My Little Ponies. Her favorite was this little remote control pony car.
Benson seemed to have a great time. He LOVED this little race track. I love this picture because I caught him standing solo.
Benson tried to sneak Santa's leftovers.
He LOVED his mini light saber.
He had very little interest in the present unwrapping business of Christmas. I think he worked on this one and this one only.
Benson was the only one I got a picture of in his Christmas clothes. I am not sure how that happened, but I thought he looked so cute!
And this year, Santa brought a super fun family gift--too bad Santa didn't bring a finished basement to put it in! A few things that I want to remember for myself for Christmas:
1. For the 1st time the kids drew names. I LOVED this! They were very thoughtful in choosing a gift for the sibling that they had--making sure it was something they would love! Kennedy got Spencer Pokemon cards. Spencer got Addie the Twilight Sparkle My Little Pony. Addie got Benson a little Cars 2 car. Benson got Kennedy earrings.
2. Chris loves chocolate oranges. We tried to surprise him, but Addie may or may not have told him as soon as he walked in the door from work.
3. Chris and I decided not to do presents for each other and do a combined anniversary/Christmas gift. He may or may not have broken the rules, and it was awesome.
4. Most importantly, I loved that Christmas was on a Sunday this year! We had church at 12 and even though the kids were disappointed to leave their new things, it was was nice to take a little break and remember the true meaning of Christmas. I feel so blessed to have my little family, and I am so grateful for the Christmas season!

2 comments:

The Gooding Family said...

Hi Mikelle! It was so fun to catch up on your blog. Looks like you had a great Christmas! I loved reading about Kennedy's excitement over the duct tape! I bet Emma would like that, too. Where do you get it??

And I am curious! So...what did Chris get you?

Joe and Liz said...

Awesome pictures and cute kids!! That's so cute all Kennedy wanted was duct tape!! :)