Our little family does not have a lot of Christmas Eve traditions. When we were in school we generally flew home to one of our family's houses for Christmas, Chris has worked a few, and last year with a 2 day old baby and being heavily medicated--I honestly have no Christmas recollection whatsoever! So even though we have been married 12 years, we are still trying to develop what our Christmas Eve traditions will be. We love the movies, so we went and saw "The Adventures of Tin Tin" in the afternoon. I grew up having Chinese food on Christmas Even, but we went with Mexican. We played some games and did the nativity.
Spencer was the Angel.

Kennedy was a sheperd/wiseman.

Addie was Mary and Baby Taco was Baby Jesus.

Benson was the animal crew at the stable--notice the donkey and the goat.

And then they got their pajamas. This year we also gave them a book to read in the event they might wake before Chris and I's 7:00 am wake up time. It proved to be fortuitous gift since Spencer and Addie were up at 3. I attempted to get a picture with all of them in their new pajamas, but it was an epic fail. And yes, that is a total white trash gate behind our tree. We used it the entire month of December to barricade the tree and the stairs from our 1 year old mess. Nothing screams festive like a plastic gray gate in the middle of your living room.




It was around Christmas Eve that I discovered I finally have an excuse to buy the darling Little People nativity next year. We have had a knock off for several years, however this year, Benson bit the head off baby Jesus.

Turns out 1 year olds at Christmas aren't that great of listeners.
No comments:
Post a Comment