Powered by Blogger.

Benson

Benson

Addie

Addie

Spencer

Spencer

Kennedy

Kennedy

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Birthday Conversations With Kennedy

So Kennedy's birthday is on Wednesday and she has been on the countdown for months--I know once again most of my family is laughing because I did the same thing until I was like 24--I have since outgrown it, but Kennedy still has a good 17 or so years to go! Anyways, we were in the car on Friday and had the following conversation"
Me: "So Kennedy, is there anything in particular you were wanting for your birthday?"
K (very serious): "I just want an Ipod"
Me: "Well, I think that is probably not going to happen."
K (again, very serious): "Well, I'll just take an Iphone then."
Me: "Even Dad and I don't have an Iphone--I think you better come up with something else."
K (kind of serious): "I'll just take a regular phone then."
Me: "Again, new plan--7 year olds do not get cell phones or any phones for that matter."
K (with a hint of laughter): "Okay, well I just take a surprise then."
Me: "Good idea, I will just get you a surprise."

What happened to dolls and finger nail polish? I think I have a 7 year old going on 17 year old--gotta love it!

5 comments:

Dena said...

Too funny and too true! We have many conversations of the same sort at our house!

Amy said...

That sounds very familiar to conversations I've had with Kaylee, only she had a laptop on her list too!

Alicia said...

Oh how funny!! I am waiting to hear that from Hannah in a few months for her birthday!!

Have a great start of the week getting ready for the BIG day!

Michelle said...

Oh no, they grow up too fast these days! Come on, Mikelle - just get the girl an iphone! :)

markandrejahn said...

I'm a NNP at Children's who has the pleasure of working with Chris..He showed me your kiddos and they are SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! I have laughed all night reading your blog (at work)....
Rejahn Rogers
www.thefiverogers.blogspot.com