Powered by Blogger.

Benson

Benson

Addie

Addie

Spencer

Spencer

Kennedy

Kennedy

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election = Iron Bowl

After living in Alabama a combined total of 5 1/2 years, I am fully aware that football might as well be the state religion. Even my children have become infatuated with the Alabama/Auburn rivalry. Apparently, they are Alabama fans. This year Kennedy has refused on multiple occasions to wear her rain jacket--it's orange and blue, and that would clearly indicate that she cheered for Auburn. (her response to me: "Seriously mom, don't you know that!!") Spencer can often be heard saying things like, "Auburn is going down, BOO Auburn, etc." He also informed me just this morning that orange is no longer his favorite color because that is an Auburn color. His new favorite colors are blue, white, and brown because that means he cheers for BYU. (I tried to tell him blue is also an Auburn color, but he didn't see the relation).
Anyways, here's the real reason for this little rant of mine. Today I was driving to the library and heard the most hysterical conversation on the radio. The commentators were comparing today (Election Day) to the Iron Bowl (Alabama/Auburn game). Obama = Alabama/McCain = Auburn. Obama/Alabama has a 17 point advantage over the underdog McCain/Auburn. They were also throwing out the term "onside kick" to people coming out to vote in large quantities--the conversation continued, but I was laughing to hard to hear the rest of it!!
Seriously where else can you live that the election is explained in football terminology!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Call off the election! Russ' 6-year-old girls soccer team just elected him president...they think he'll do the best job, because he bought them pizza and gave them trophies tonight. I guess that makes me first lady. Oh yeah!!!