

(disclaimer: this is a long post, more for my own record that anything else. Feel free to skip to the pics!!) Our Halloween this year was "SUPER"!! After about 15 million suggestions (okay, like 10), I finally found a theme I could convince both Kennedy and Spencer to participate in. I LOVE themes, and I hope that I can convince my kids forever that they are awesome--we'll see how long my cause will last.
Anyways, we had our ward trunk-or-treat party/carnival on Wednesday night. The kids all loved the carnival games, and the candy. Kennedy was very social and didn't do much trick-or-treating. She seriously came home with like 10 pieces. Spencer on the other hand was in the group of kids that went around until people shut their trunks. I guess we need to work on Halloween etiquette!! Addie didn't quite get the hang of it, and she kept giving candy that she got at one car to the next car--hey, she's a giver. She was thrilled with her stash and did not want to give it up at bedtime.
On Thursday night Kennedy realized that we hadn't filled out her book report paper that she had brought home a few weeks ago for her character day at school--can we say I am losing it!! So we hurried and finished it for her report on Friday morning. As mentioned previously, she chose "Junie B, Boss of Lunch." She also reminded me at 8:30 pm after the other 2 kids were in bed and Chris was at work, that she need purple glasses for her costume--Oh, snap--there was no way to hit the dollar store!! So we found some 3d glasses, popped out the lenses and I painted them purple with wood paint--I'll be honest the end result wasn't that pretty, but Kennedy left with a smile so I guess they did the trick! The kids and I went to school for her report and she did great. She also had a party--and I hear it was great--Krispy Kreme dougnuts make any party a success! I was in charge of most of the food for Spencer's party, so we made more mummy cookies (and Addie found the frosting can--again, an 18 month old really needs parental supervision), and some other snacks. His loved his party--especially coming home with a haunted house, and 2 real pumpkins--I guess I should really learn how to make pie from scratch--then again, maybe not.
Then, last night we went trick-or-treating in our neighborhood. We all went out and left our candy outside for kids that came to our house while we were gone--we have a busy trick-or-treating neighborhood and our giant box was empty when we got back an hour later--crazy!! Addie was surprisingly our die hard trick-or-treater. I guess after her practice Wed. night, she had it down. Grandma's were a sucker for her and she ended up with more candy that the other 2--probably because she also tried to double dip when they let her choose. I brought our wagon along, but she walked almost the whole way--it's amazing the lengths a baby will go to for a bag full of sweet goodness! Overall, our week was a success, and here's to Halloween only being 364 days away!!



5 comments:
Sounds like you really did have a SUPER Halloween!
I love all your themed costumes you always do! You guys are so cute and even your pumpkin is "super". The picture of you and Chris together is really cute!
Looks like a fun halloween! Your children are adorable. You and chris are so cute all dressed up- I wonder if I could get Seth to do that?!
When I think rockets and sweet tooth I think Mikelle and Spencer:) I remember you munching them your whole pregnancy with him:) I'm glad it was a super Halloween.
You guys are so CUTE!! I love the "super" halloween. I just might have to steal the idea for next year.
And your pumpkins rock!!
Looking at all those pictures, the one thing that struck me is how much older Kennedy is looking. Just the differnce from the picture on the side bar, to the new one at the top is amazing.
They all are growing up so fast. But they are all adorable, just bigger.
xoxox
Post a Comment