Powered by Blogger.

Benson

Benson

Addie

Addie

Spencer

Spencer

Kennedy

Kennedy

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Oh, to be one again. . .

I was emptying my memory card and found various pictures of Addie throughout the week. She was standing on our kitchen table in quite a few, another gentle reminder that she needs better parental supervision (I think we have already established this on numerous previous occasions). Anyways, I thought I would let you all get a little glimpse of a week with Addie.
The kids and I made cookies and every time I turned my back to put a new pan in the oven, Addie climbed on the table to eat the dough. I think she probably consumed a good 1000 calories or so with the amount of dough/cookies she put into her system. (ps mom, that cookie gun you got me last year is awesome--it's SOOOOO much better than my old one--I LOVE IT!!)

Chris called me into the living room to check out Addie's "status". She was just sitting in his lap perusing the Sunday paper--namely the ads. Seriously, can materialism start this early? I am guessing she was making a mental list for Santa since she doesn't quite have the vocabulary to actually say what she might like. Thank goodness she is easy to please!

Addie diligently raked a pile of "pre-raked" leaves one afternoon, and then threw them in the air at herself. It's amazing how she can make herself just laugh. That girl LOVES to be outside and has a huge fit anytime we try to bring her in.

I took Addie to our ward playgroup to make gingerbread houses. She mostly just ate the candy, or licked it, put it on, and then immediately took it off and ate it. The mini oreos were her favorite--notice there are no oreos on her house--it's because she ate them.

And last, but not least, Addie eating her gingerbread house that only lasted 6 hours. We sure love our Addie and all the excitement she brings into our lives--even though it often means cleaning up a disaster of sorts!!

6 comments:

Mandy said...

This is why we are given children...to see the world from simplistic eyes again! And to be reminded, Oreos are the best.

Dena said...

She's pretty cute! I can't believe how active she is! Ally keeps us going, but she's not a climber like Bryson was or like Addie. She doesn't climb on the table, but will climb up on the chairs and move the stool around to reach what she wants. They do keep life interesting, that's for sure!

Joe and Liz said...

Your little Addie is such a cutie!

Steve said...

It's so adorable when you get to just enjoy the grins but not have to clean up any of the messes. She seems like quite the character:) Hope we get to meet her in person one day.

Tara H. said...

Addie is adorable. And totally normal, at least by the standards at our house. We are totally one when it comes to all those things, oreos and all!
xoxo

Janelle said...

i miss you guys!