Powered by Blogger.

Benson

Benson

Addie

Addie

Spencer

Spencer

Kennedy

Kennedy

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Scholastic Warehouse Sale

I just got home from one of my most favorite places--the Scholastic Book Warehouse sale. For any of you B'ham locals that might read this before next Friday, the warehouse sale is awesome. All their books are 50% off, unless marked otherwise. Some are only $1--it's a steal. And they have more than just kid books. Anyways, the next one isn't until February, and I love to buy books, especially when they are cheap, mostly because I have a problem remembering to return library books, so for me it's just as cheap to buy them as it is to pay fines. Anyways, if you don't live here, they have the warehouse sales all over, just go to the scholastic site and type in warehouse sales, and it will tell you if you have one in your area (if you live in Utah, they have one in Draper and one in Layton this month). I also learned that you can volunteer and for every hour you work, you get $10 towards the purchase of books, so if you work 12 hours, you get $120 credit to purchase books. Anyways, I just loaded up on Christmas gifts for my kids and some other fun reading and thought I would share the info.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Did you go tonight? I should have gone with you! I needed to escape from this madhouse:) Maybe next week (between house guests, packing, building volcanoes, finishing Christmas projects, mailing cards etc...no problem!!) What are the hours?

Dena said...

That's great! I love books too! I'd rather just buy the books too. Plus I figure that I have other kids pulling up the rear that will read them too. I'll have to check out that site!

Michelle said...

How cool!! I might just have to check this out. Do they take coupons? :)

Mikelle said...

Michelle, if you go online and print out a fast pass, you can get a $10 off if you spend $50.