Spencer hasn't been happy with me the last 20 minutes or so because I made him come home from riding his bike and to eat before he leaves for school--and heaven forbid--pick up his gigantic lego mess. More importantly he is mad that I won't let him go inside his friend's house. It's 75 degrees outside and we are in for a cold winter--I am of the firm opinion that if it's nice outside you play outside!! So anyways, his friend just stopped by and Spencer proceeds to tell him the following:"Wouldn't it be awesome if we didn't have moms and we just had dads and they went to work all day and we could do whatever we wanted?"
Friend: "That would be cool!"
Me: "That's not very nice."
Spencer: "Well it would be cool not to have a mom and do whatever I want."
Nice.
I am really racking up the mom points this week!
3 comments:
He may say that now, but I bet he'd change his tune around dinner time or when he ran out of clean clothes or when he needed to be driven somewhere.
Hmmmmm. Sounds just like something one of my angels would say. Tell Spence hello.
I remember "thinking" maybe saying the same to my Mom but I get it now. It only took 20 yrs:)
Post a Comment