Powered by Blogger.

Benson

Benson

Addie

Addie

Spencer

Spencer

Kennedy

Kennedy

Sunday, February 14, 2010

On Valentine's Day

Because I am ridiculous, I had the bright idea that we would make all our Valentine's this year. My intentions were good--it was going to be a fun family activity. But due to procrastination on my part, that wasn't exactly how it went down. Luckily my little sister MeLisa was in town and helped me with my last minute craziness.
A few months ago I found these conversation heart key chains at Oriental Trading. I showed them to the kids and they thought they would be fun to give out. Spencer was super excited about them and we put all of his together with no complaints. When Kennedy got home from school on Wednesday and saw that they all said things like xoxo and true love she flat out refused to give them out.
However, it turns out that with windex and a magic eraser you can get the words off--it took an hour, but potential Valentine crisis averted. Next year I will NOT be making homemade Valentines--forget creativity and give me the Star Wars and High School Musical cards.
Kennedy's box
Spencer's Box
And a funny Valentine story. I went and helped at Spencer's class party. They asked me to come dressed as a chef. I wore an apron and made myself a chef hat. I showed it to Spencer and he wasn't impressed. I wore it to class and when they introduced me, a few of the kids said wow, that one has a real chef hat, and that hat is cool. Spencer immediately threw his hands up in the air and starting going, "that's my mom, that's my mom". Funny how I was suddenly cool. . .This picture isn't the best, but it is the dance party they were having as I was leaving. They were supposed to dress fancy--Spencer picked out his own fancy outfit, snow boots and all. I didn't have my camera out quite in time to catch him break dancing on the floor in the middle of the class--sweet moves.
And this is what my kids teachers got, I found it at jessekatedesigns.

2 comments:

tessa said...

HSM and Scooby Doo over here. I was feeling like a slacker mom but have since decided maybe I am a wise mom:) I know my limits. Windex? Hilarious.

cmcilwain said...

Love the valentines. Lexi went with Mad Libs and pencils.